The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#176942 - 03/13/09 02:41 PM Broken Tooth!
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I had my three year old grandson, Dustin, last Thursday and took him home about 5:00 p.m. I found out later in the weekend that he had been riding on a big plastic truck of his outside in the yard and hit the edge of the patio. I gather that he seriously broke his front tooth.

Poor baby. I just saw it the other day and it will have to be pulled. It's broken or cracked in three places and the pulp around the tooth is showing. He and his mom have an appointment for a consultation today. So we'll see what has to occur.

I feel so bad for him. He's so little. I jokingly told my son, "See, he should have spent the night with gran and he wouldn't have hurt himself." I also told him I was repeating what was said to me by my mother when he hurt himself as a child. We both chuckled, but are upset about Dustin. He's such a nice little guy.
www.tidedancer.com

#176943 - 03/13/09 03:06 PM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: Sandpiper]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Well the one good thing is that it was his baby tooth. So long as there was no damage to the gum area when it broke, his adult tooth should come in just fine.

Is he near you? You can give him hugs whenever you want? Will he put the broken tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy?

#176959 - 03/13/09 06:23 PM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
SP, my son lost his four front teeth as a result of a hit and run accident when he was 4. The dentist fitted dentures, which he wore until he was 6, so that the permanent ones would set well. They looked like chiclets. Hope all be well with Dustin. Thank goodness he did not cut his lip or chin.

#177023 - 03/14/09 12:45 AM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: Lola]
Sandpiper Offline

DD I guess the pulp are of the tooth is exposed and they are giving him meds. They went to the dentist for a consultation today and Dustin would have none of letting them take an x-ray, so this will be interesting. The Dr also said he's too little to give him anything to put him asleep. All they can do is give him something to make him relax and then the novacaine and pull the tooth. I'd like to know just how they'll accomplish this?

We are worried about how this will affect his speech and adult teeth. Lola, I never thought they would consider dentures. How cool is that. Yes, he did cut his lip but it's pretty much okay. Didn't need stitches or anything.

I definitely will have them ask for the tooth to put under his pillow for the tooth fairy. Poor baby, so little with such a big problem.

I let you know how next Wednesday goes with him.
www.tidedancer.com

#177223 - 03/16/09 12:39 AM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sandpiper,
Sorry to read about your little grandson. It is worrisome when
young ones have problems with their teeth. Will pray all
evolves well.

#177441 - 03/17/09 10:50 PM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sandpiper,
How is your grandson doing?

#177479 - 03/18/09 03:11 AM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: jabber]
Sandpiper Offline

Well, my little grandson goes to the dentist tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. The tooth has to come out. From what I understand they'll give him something to relax him (something to drink) then hopefully get the novacaine in and the tooth out.

Then I guess they'll have to discuss how to keep his teeth from shifting. He has a couple of years before it would fall out naturally. Don't they lose them around 6 or 7?

Thanks for all the well wishes.
www.tidedancer.com

#177515 - 03/18/09 02:41 PM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: Sandpiper]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh girl...I just now read this. Ouch! I'm praying the little fellow will come through this with little or no memory of it all...and if he has a memory of it, that it fades quickly with a treat from grandmaw....god luv him!

#177562 - 03/18/09 08:41 PM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My grandson Jason fell at age 2 and knocked out his two front teeth. He had to wear a partial of two false front teeth so his teeth would be spaced properly. From 2 until the permanent teeth came in, he had three different size partials and doesn't remember any of it although at the time it was quite dramatic.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178374 - 03/27/09 06:15 AM Re: Broken Tooth! [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Dustin got the tooth pulled and is doing so much better. I guess they gave him something to drink that made him groggy. Then they took him into the room and pulled the tooth. It had to come out in two pieces. He had a tough day after that. It took some time for the meds to wear off and he didn't like the feeling of it so was cranky, crying for most of the day his mommy said.

I'm not sure when his check-up is so they can do something about a spacer. Glad to know from you all that they do put something in to keep their teeth straight. I'm sure he probably does not like the dentist office now.

He's learned to chew using other teeth than his front ones. One thing it did was to end the 'Binky' use. Good!
www.tidedancer.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved