The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#148657 - 05/15/08 06:14 AM Anaiya's back!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
This morning my son called to tell me that my DIL is flying to the Olympic Camp today. Her sister is here to take care of Anaiya...but things aren't working out like they should. At Michael's baptism Anaiya acted up at the table like 2 year olds do. She wanted to sit on her grandfather's lap. Well The sister looked at Anaiya with dagger eyes, and then between clenched teeth muttered, "I hate kids at that age."...I sat across from her, and was the only one who heard her. Oh my God, I thought...poor Anaiya.
Hubby and I are more then happy to take our little Pumpiakim back till her Mommy is here again;...which could be till September. Meanwhile, our son and my DIL's sister ( Miss Dagger Eyes), are living in the same apartment. I don't know why,...but this is making me giggle in my hand....
Once agian it proves that MIO was right, and my son didn't want to follow my advice.
I just hope the end of this story won't turn into a murderous one

#148658 - 05/15/08 11:07 AM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wow, Edelweiss! Sounds like such a strange situation...hard to understand your DIL. It also sounds like you're really the only one stable enough to deal with sweet little Anaiya and she needs that so much. I'm glad to hear that you're secretly giggling your way through this, too

#148659 - 05/15/08 07:53 PM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Miss Clenched Teeth Dagger Eyes needs to be reminded she was once that age, too...
Maybe someone forgot to tell her how precious she when she was that age.
It really doesn't matter - give me her address and I'll send her a 'what-for.'

#148660 - 05/15/08 08:30 PM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're a better person than I Edelweiss, I would have said something to that dagger eyed B/witch right then and there. How dare she? I would hate to think of that dear child neglected or abused...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#148661 - 05/15/08 11:49 PM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
There's an excuse for a two year old, but not for your DIL's sister acting like that. I don't know what I would say or do to someone who treated Katie that way, but they would know I meant business.

#148662 - 05/16/08 05:59 AM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I told my son, when we were alone, what his SIL said. It could have been a horrible scene at the table; her denying it, and me acting as if I were a jealous grandmother. I have learned to first take a deep breath and think about how I'll handle it. Two years ago the plates would have flown.

#148663 - 05/16/08 06:55 AM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
BUT... it can STILL upset us enough to want to, for sure. That baby did nothing wrong.

#148664 - 05/16/08 08:27 AM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Edelweiss, so she's gone thorugh the Olympics even though she isn't in them? Is she a substitute or something?

Me thinks she has the Peter Pan Syndrome, either that or ants in her pants. I hope you don't take offense. None intended.

How old is the SIL? Just curious.

#148665 - 05/16/08 10:42 AM Re: Anaiya's back!
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's hard enough to hold back when it's your kids, but when it concerns a grandchild.....now that takes restraint.

#148666 - 05/16/08 01:07 PM Re: Anaiya's back! [Re: Louisa]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Edelweiss,
Glad you're able to think before you speak. I speak first and then wish I had not. Parenting is the world's most difficult task. MIL, mother are both tuff jobs. But I'm glad Ana has you 4 a grandma. Dotsie might be right: your DIL could have ants in her pants???? Let's pray she thinks less of herself and more of her husband and child!
Prayers and blessings to U and your family!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved