The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#117419 - 05/06/07 01:11 PM Life is a puzzle
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Found out today that my DIL has been asked to try out for the U.S. Volley Ball Olympics!!!

We are all very excited for her, and hope her dream comes true. What this means, though, is that we will be taking our 1-year-old granddaughter starting next week till probably the end of September.

Considering what else is happening in our life, it is not an easy decision. On the other hand, our grandchild has always been good for our marriage. She bonds my husband and me in our shared responsibility.

My first response is yes, … we will take her; …but then again, I know that after 4 days of having her here, I am usually plum exhausted. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone experience with Aupair help?

Maybe this is just what my hubby and I need. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise, never mind the fact that we just love our little angel to pieces.

So, once again…life shows itself as a puzzle; fitting the pieces together in strange ways.

#117420 - 05/06/07 01:58 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Life is a puzzle and all you need to do is put the pieces together to make a beautiful picture.

Perhaps this Will help the two of you come together again. Wouldn't that be a pleasant outcome!

Don't know anything about aupairs, except what I see in the movies. And that won't be much help, will it?

Good luck and congratulations to your DIL.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#117421 - 05/06/07 02:35 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What about hiring a student to help out? My best friend's daughter is in university and that's what she's doing all summer - two months helping with one family and the other two months helping another family.

(Maya Angelou)

#117422 - 05/07/07 09:22 AM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
how about getting extra cofe and energie drinks in lol they are excousting .....but that type of tirdness thats worthwhile think how close she gonna get to you two.

dont know about au pairs or even reliable babiesitters lol try local mums and tots groups ....you seem to get mums but a lot of childminders their aswell....maybee meet someone who is willing to come to your house and watch child for some of the day...

good luck deciding HL whatever way it goes.

#117423 - 05/07/07 02:27 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What about a child care center a couple of days a week where she can play with children her age?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117424 - 05/08/07 11:37 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: Dianne]
celtic_flame Offline

bet your so proud of dl/ Did you know or relise she was at this level of skill in her game?

#117425 - 05/09/07 10:24 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, this si such a major accomplishment. How cool! Will she be training nearby?

Eagle, I am with you. Hannelore, I definitely think you should get a little mother's helper to come in and give you some breaks. I wouldn't wnat you to resent your DIL for her big break. Remember, you still want to play golf!

#117426 - 05/10/07 05:57 AM Re: Life is a puzzle
Edelweiss Offline

Dotsie, my DIL is an American, so she'll be training in Colorado, Rocky Mountains. Frankly, I could never have given either of my children away for so long...don't really know how she does that, especially since she is such a fantastic loving Mom. But I guess this is a chance once in a life time.

Meanwhile I have connected with a few other grandmothers who take care of their grandchildren, and we have discussed taking turns taking the whole bunch. Since my granddaughter just loves other children this will be great for her.

#117427 - 05/10/07 06:19 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

i hope its allways a sunnie day when you have the whole bunch over at yours then they can all run round the garden and you can just sit and monitor them, or make sure none get hurt in the paddling pool.

it work out ok for you in the end i hope. It is an exitting one off for your dl i be torn myself if i be in her position.

#117428 - 05/10/07 07:03 PM Re: Life is a puzzle [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Yes, Celtic and you can bring Lucien too! Anaiya would probably hug him to bits, and cover him with sandy kisses in the middle of our sand box.

Got to post this picture! This is Anaiya talking to her spare rib. She thinks everything is a cell phone. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved