The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#100599 - 12/28/06 04:10 PM Baby Shower Ideas
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My step-daughter-in-law is pregnant with her 2nd child, a boy this time, and I'm going to give her a baby shower. Have any of your given baby showers that had a theme to it? I want to make this shower the best with lots of games and surprises. I'm open for suggestions...

#100600 - 12/28/06 09:38 PM Re: Baby Shower Ideas [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You need to talk to Louisa. She just threw a big shower for her daughter. Someone also mentioned finding good shower games online. Have you done any Googling?

#100601 - 12/28/06 10:17 PM Re: Baby Shower Ideas
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Yes, Dee, we had a lovely shower, but we didn't play games. My daughter doesn't like that and frankly, neither do I so I didn't do that. There were many good ideas online about games, and themes though. I heard of one where they put build a bears on the tables for centerpieces. I would think that would be very expensive. When is she due? I did a Christmas theme because I had the shower in Dec. and my daughter loves the Christmas season. If it had been another time of year, I would have done Disney because we go to Disney a lot and she got pregnant there. Teddy bears are a good theme or nursery rhymes. If you do the rhymes, you can ask everyone to bring a book for the baby's bookcase or library.

I had balloons and baby blocks on the cake. I went with elegant and Christmas. White tablecloths, red napkins, poinsettias all around the room, both red and white and the centerpieces were baskets with silk poinsettias and red Christmas balls with gold sparkles on them. We used Godiva chocolates in gold boxes for the favors. It was all very pretty. find out what theme she is going to have for the baby's room. That's always a good one to do. My daughter has Winnie the Pooh.

Louisa

#100602 - 12/29/06 09:04 PM Re: Baby Shower Ideas [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

Dee, I know I mentioned it before in another post somewhere that I gave a baby shower with games for my daughter. I tried to keep it simple since I really prefer people chatting and making friends at a shower but my younger daughter insisted on giving her sister the best and most fun baby shower she could! One of the games was the baby products game with the "Price is Right" theme! We had diaper cream, shampoo, a binky, orajel, a package of diapers, Q-tips, and whatever else (can't remember now!). The person with the Total $ Amount without going over was the winner. It was really fun. We had a clipboard with all the guests names on it and a line next to their name. They filled in their guess and we gave away a prize to the winner. We then did Baby Bingo (find it on the internet) and had each guest cross off the items that were opened as gifts until we had a winner. You will have to do some computer work to make it cutesy! Add some graphics of babies and rattles to the sheets and you will be surprised how professional it can look! And lastly, we had a "Guess the Baby Picture" game. On the invitations, we asked everyone to bring a pic of themselves when they were a baby. We put them on a corkboard and numbered them. We then made a computer sheet for each guest with the number and a blank next to it. They filled in the name of the person they thought it was! This was lots of fun and hysterical to see how some gals looked so many years ago! Every winner got a small prize like a lottery scratch off ticket, a recipe book, or bottle of hand lotion. Hope these ideas help! They actually didn't take too long and gave a little lift to the party.

#100603 - 12/31/06 12:45 AM Re: Baby Shower Ideas [Re: Pam R.]
Dee Offline

Dear Louisa and Pam,

Great advice from you both...thanks for the input. The baby is due in April (latter part) and my husband and I are looking for plans so he can build Andrew a cradle for his arrival. I'm going to sew the mattress coverlet and everything that goes with the cradle...hopefully, it's going to be beautiful.

We're such a close family that everyone knows each other so when we get together we do like to gab but we LOVE to play games...we have so much fun when we do that and it's become such a hit at my parties. We're going to do the baby bingo and I like the Price is Right idea. I've found some really good ideas as well through the Google search and I'm already starting to buy for the baby shower. Once I find out the theme of Andrews nursery I can buy towards that more. It's so exciting getting ready for a new grandbaby.

Thanks ladies for the advice...

#100604 - 02/10/07 06:56 AM Re: Baby Shower Ideas [Re: Dee]
chickadee Offline

Dee, when is the shower or did you already have it?

chick

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved