The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52112 - 05/05/05 06:24 AM babyproofing
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
My daughter will be travelling out here with my 8 month old genius granddaughter Ava next month, and she wanted to know if I know how to babyproof the house! Now she's telling me that babies need to be on schedules!

I wasn't as strict and by the book as she is as a parent. She keeps telling me what the doctors and the psychologists say. Well, I bet Ava will rebel and turn out like her grandma in the end. I suppose my daughter is rebelling against not having had enough structure? Ha! lately she tells me that I was the strictest mom of all her friends.

#52113 - 05/05/05 02:33 PM Re: babyproofing
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Schedules aren't for babies; they're for the parents. There are only two things babies need: to be loved and to be. Look at the way kids act today - - if 'expert' advice was so wonderful, kids wouldn't be killing themselves, each other, and/or their parents. Think about it.

#52114 - 05/05/05 03:49 PM Re: babyproofing
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Yeah! And that's what I told her -- schedules are for the parents! But she went on about psychologists say, this and that. I started to say that I didn't care much for psychologists, but didn't want to get into an argument. Good point about the "expert" advice.
I must add that my daughter was rarely if ever sick, and never was hurt. I still don't think she ever experienced any pain (she had an epidural for childbirth).

#52115 - 05/05/05 06:30 PM Re: babyproofing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think this thread is funny. My son is now 20 and I'm not nearly as dumb as I was a couple years ago.

I guess we know what we're talking about until they begin having kids. Then we go back to being buffoons again.

#52116 - 05/06/05 12:37 AM Re: babyproofing
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have found that I am more likely to give "Stupid Things Parents Do To Mess Up Their Kids" by Dr. Laura to a new mom than any other.

If a mom gets that expert advice before the other, then she may just feel that she can do something "right" without doing it like clockwork.

#52118 - 05/12/05 12:27 AM Re: babyproofing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Speaker, my son was home for a few days and is now back to school for a tournament and mini-mester in Europe. My buffoon ways must be disappearing a little because I hardly got any of those looks he used to throw my way. Actually, I think we've both grown up a little.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved