The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52026 - 11/16/04 05:07 PM Coo-ability
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have something to share with you all. MY GRANDCHILD, the one and only Lea...COOED at me! I ain't lying. She has Cooability now.

It was a Saturday like any other Saturday...I call my son, ask him if I can bring them dinner..he says, "Sure Mom, but it's 6:00 a.m. Can you come later?" It's our routine you know...

Anyhooo...I wait patiently until the pizza places opened, and gave my son and his wife time to get up, then I head over to see my grandbeauty.

Note: The term "Grandbeauty" was coined by our very own Carolyn, or better know to you all as Lionspaaw. Just wanted to give credit where due.

Anyhooooo...I go over, throw the pizzas (I buy multiple ones to keep the parents occupied, pretty slick, eh?) and run into the living room where my Grandbeauty is laying in her crib ALL BY HERSELF. Does that qualify for Parental Abuse? I'm checking into that...now, where was I?

Oh yeah, so I go in, position myself over the crib and start my Lea talk..you know, the "How's my big girl? Did she miss Big Mamma? Do you want to dump these two and come live with Big Mamma? I heard they eat their young."

Well, I'm telling ya people, she looked right up at me...and as God as my witnessed, she replied, "Cooooo"

You heard it here first. Today a Coooo...tomorrow, "Big Mamma". Life is good.

JJ

#52027 - 11/16/04 06:04 PM Re: Coo-ability
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
JJ,
I can't imagine anything that could feel better than being cooed at by your grandbeauty! (love that) She must be getting big already. They grow so fast.

#52028 - 11/16/04 06:40 PM Re: Coo-ability
kira_d Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
JJ, too cute. She's just reached in and grabbed your heart hasn't she. Mine ran through the kitchen this morning and threw her little arms around my knees and squeezed me for all she was worth. We ended up skipping together to the front door so she could go off to daycare. Skipping? Can you believe I'm skipping at my age. Only these little cutiepies can bring these long forgotten things back to us.

[ November 16, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: kira_d ]

#52029 - 11/16/04 07:33 PM Re: Coo-ability
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay, you guys made me do it. I've been dying to post this. The other day my new granddaughter (5 months) hugged me then grabbed my face and gave me a huge wet smooch right on the lips then she laughed like crazy and did it again. What a thrill.

These grandbeauties are FABULOUS.
smile

#52030 - 11/16/04 09:20 PM Re: Coo-ability
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

It's gifts to us straight from the da big guy...

it just don't get any better than that...eh?

Hugs, JJ (a.k.a. Big Mamma)

#52031 - 11/16/04 11:13 PM Re: Coo-ability
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree from the bottom of my heart about babies and the very young as they begin doing these adorable things and....I too have a wonderful story. My Grandson was 14 on the 14th of Nov. he and I have been very close all his life and he has spent many many sleep overs at my house since he was 6 weeks old. For his special day I took him to see The Terminal with Tom Hanks and then to his favorite burger place near the skating rink. Many of his friends were there and he introduced me to some I had never met, "this is my cool Gran he said." When I took him home my son hugged me and then told me that when asked what he wanted to do on his birthday, he said; "go on a date with Gran of course." May not seem like much to you all but he could have gone anywhere he wanted to go and do almost anything with his friends and he choose ME! My head still will barely fit through the front door, I am so proud. Wait until you can start paling around with your little beauties, it melts the heart just like that first coooo. [Big Grin]

#52032 - 11/16/04 11:53 PM Re: Coo-ability
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ms C..that's one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard! How cool! I am sure you ARE the coolest gran to have around. And such a big heart you have too. Bless his heart!

JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved