The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#199366 - 02/09/10 08:14 AM Children's Faschings Ball
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
For those who aren't in Facebook, I posted a copy of our Fasching's video here.

We brought Anaiya to a Fasching’s children’s ball. They really do a lot for the kids. All for two Euros! Amazing. This goes on for weeks, every weekend, at least 30 balls in our vicinity This weekend Oma and Opa will be going to one too. Opa will be a clown, and I’m a gypsy.

This is my first attempt putting a movie in You Tube,.. Hope it isn’t too long ( about 8 minutes). Enjoy taking a peek into our world.

#199368 - 02/09/10 01:02 PM Re: Children's Faschings Ball [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Edelweiss you and your husband are just awesome and Anaiya is the luckiest little girl to have such wonderful grandparents.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199373 - 02/09/10 02:57 PM Re: Children's Faschings Ball [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How in the world did she know what to do? She's a quick learner.

Love the chicken dance. Always seem to do that at weddings here in the USA. It reminds me of my mom and her sisters. They used to have so much fun doing that simple dance.

Got a kick out of the adult women dancers. What a hoot. I think you should sign up to do that!

Is she also learning to speak English?

Can you tell us more about the Fasching Balls?

Are you taking her when you dress up?

What lovely, fun grandparents you two are!

#199451 - 02/11/10 01:45 AM Re: Children's Faschings Ball [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Doesn't she speak any English??? She looked so cute, Princess crown, Princess dress and "sneakers." The kid knows how to be comfortable...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199472 - 02/11/10 09:25 AM Re: Children's Faschings Ball [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
"A" is bilingual. She speaks both languages equally well. Oh yes THOSE sneakers, did not go with the dress at all, but we didn't have any other shoes here. She doesn't care what she wears...so we take advantage of that, - as long as it lasts.

No Dotsie, we won't take her to our Faschingball; the adult balls are too wild and too late. Wanna come? It's like Las Vegas comes to you. They put on amazing shows and hilarious comedians perform. The people who put on these shows are in Fasching clubs where they work on their performance all year round. I kid you not when I say they are tons better than many proffesionals.

#199479 - 02/11/10 01:29 PM Re: Children's Faschings Ball [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How great that she's bilingual.

It reminds me a bit of what takes place at Mardi Gras which is coming up. I've not been to the parades, but have heard all ablout them from my sister who once lived there. Theyb work all year preparing their floats and costumes.

You all sure know how to have fun.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved