The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#125909 - 08/17/07 02:50 PM Second grandbaby ideas
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
DH will be a grandpa for the 2nd time in November. I feel badly that our enthusiasm for #2 has not been like the first. So, I need to do something...but what?

Are there certain gifts one would need for a 2nd as opposed to a 1st? Or a book? Or what?

TIA!!

#125910 - 08/17/07 05:56 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Di: My first grandchild was "unico iho" (lone child) for four years. Then his sister was born. The difference in gender made a big difference and choosing presents was easier. My grandson was also prepped up to be excited for the birth of a sibling. Would your DH's second grandchild be a sibling of the first? Perhaps, if you did something with the firstborn to welcome the next baby? I made a little stuffed doll from an old baby sock of my grandson for his sister and did the same thing with them for their baby brother. Would that sort of thing help you out? Otherwise, perhaps, you can get the second child a present similar to one of those which you gave the first.

#125911 - 08/17/07 08:00 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: Lola]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My daughter is pregnant with her first baby. It will be my second grandchild. My first grandchild lives in another state so I don't have much hands on. My daughter lives near me so I will definitely be more involved. I can't wait!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#125912 - 08/17/07 11:00 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada

Di, The second baby is as special as the first in many ways, do the same things for #2 as for #1. Maybe mom won't need a crib or other large items, but clothing, baby book, everything else mom will need. Diapers, diapers and more diapers, or a diaper service is always a special and useful gift. How old is the first one, not very old right? One unusual gift would be (if you live close enough) is to babysit a day every weekend, for a month so the parents can get away to dinner and a show...Rest and relaxation is what most new parents need.

Edited by chatty lady (08/17/07 11:03 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#125913 - 08/17/07 11:14 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: chatty lady]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I only have one grandchild and it would be a miracle if I ever had a second - but I think it's similar to the "reaction" of having your second child.

As far as the adults go, Chatty has a terrific idea. Do something that will help them out NOW - and don't worry about "comparing" what you did last time. As far as the child goes - if you did something special - a special momento or legacy for the first grandbaby - then do something similar for the second. That way there will never be that - "grandma loved me best" - conflict between the two siblings

#125914 - 08/19/07 12:48 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: lionspaaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di and Vicki, congrats. Vicki, is this your daughter that got married a time ago when you shared some pictures? How exciting. I'm glad you're all in the same town. You are going to have a blast.

#125915 - 08/19/07 05:37 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dotsie, yes. It's my second daughter. She got married a couple of years ago and last year she had a miscarriage. So, this pregnancy is extra special in so many ways.

I am so excited to watch her as her tummy grows and when she calls me about little pregnancy side effects she has from time to time. I missed out on all of that with my first grandchild because we didn't know we had one until a month after he was born. My son didn't know he was a dad, either, until a month after the baby was born.

So, this second grandbaby is going to have a lot of firsts for us.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#125916 - 08/19/07 11:14 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
What fun..another grandbaby. Best wishes for daughter to have a healthy pregnancy.

#125917 - 08/30/07 02:34 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: orchid]
Emyjay Offline

Oh, Vicki,

Just wait until they place that little bundle in your arms . . . no feeling like that in the world!

(Just now, I got goosebumps from head to toe!

Love,
Grammy Emily

#125918 - 08/31/07 06:48 PM Re: Second grandbaby ideas [Re: Emyjay]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I can't wait. I'm so fascinated with my daughter's changing shape.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved