The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52454 - 01/31/06 06:49 AM New granddaughter
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Whitley Christine Sikes was born January 26, 2006. She was 6 lb. 4 oz. and 19 inches long. She has lots of black hair. I wish we could post pictures on this site. I guess I'll have to update my own website now and post her picture there.
My daughter, Becky, and her hubby, Rusty, are also proud parents of Colin Andrew, 9, Abigail Ann, 7, and Karsyn Marie, 19 months.
This makes our 8th grandchild. I have one son, Jason, who is yet to marry and start a family, so it might be a while before I get any more babies to cuddle. But I'm surely enjoying the ones I've got. I've also been very lucky that all are within 25 miles of us, so we get to see them all fairly regularly.
I can't imagine refusing to babysit. We usually are offering to watch the kids. Becky and Rusty and the kids just left here a few minutes ago. So we got several hours of quality time with them. It was nice.

#52455 - 01/31/06 06:54 AM Re: New granddaughter
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Congratulations, countrygirl!! A new granddaughter is a blessing and what a pretty name!
((HUGS))

#52456 - 01/31/06 10:45 AM Re: New granddaughter
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
How nice. A Granddaughter! I have four grandsons. Wanted a granddaughter, but I'm told....no more.
Congrats!!!
Lynne

#52457 - 01/31/06 11:32 AM Re: New granddaughter
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Congratulations! One can never have too many grandchildren : )

#52458 - 03/22/06 09:44 PM Re: New granddaughter
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Being a grandmother is a blast! My first granddaughter arrived last Thursday. She was 8lbs, 1oz, 20" long, with more hair than her two brothers ever had at birth. And I know she's going to be spoiled rotten. My son is very nervous about raising a daughter (he'll be the first one wrapped around her little finger). Wish my husband could have lived to see her (he'd be the next one wrapped around her little finger).
Anyway, again congrats on your new little one.

#52459 - 03/22/06 09:48 PM Re: New granddaughter
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Granddaughters have a way of stealing their grandpas hearts. Kenzie Beth is a grandpas girl and he will do anything for her! She's so rotten when she is here. But so adorable with her red hair and big brown eyes. She will be 2 in June.

Congratulations on all the new grandbabies arriving.

Sherri

#52460 - 06/28/06 09:23 PM Re: New granddaughter
jjblue Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Hi, I am new, though have enjoyed this forum many times. A new granddaughter entered my life in April. What a treat for our family full of wonderful males!

I wrote a poem for her:

For Elena Rose
(on the occasion of her birth)
4/12/06

To whom will pass
the feminine spirit
earned by lives gone
long before?

It caused a stir,
a Springtime birth,
added ?pink? to our
?blue? -blessed clan.

She arrived, comely babe,
to carry forth.
Ancient wisdom breathes fire,
intuitive, gender specific.

Swaddled by knowledge and
shared generational aptitudes,
she sleeps in peace,
weaves magic, imagination, possibility.

Brightly soulful,
favored ancestral gifts
sigh with comfort as
the torch is passed...

PS The question marks are supposed to be apostrophes--did not know how to edit, sorry!

#52461 - 06/28/06 09:33 PM Re: New granddaughter
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Welcome jjblue, and congrats on the new grandbeauty! I'm a few hours southwest of you, just over Wolf Creek Pass. My priest comes from Pueblo.
I think you'll love it here..browse around and enjoy.

#52462 - 06/28/06 09:43 PM Re: New granddaughter
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Absolutely beautiful jjblue! Welcome to Boomer Heaven/haven...you home away from home. Congrats on the new grandbeauty. They truly extend our joy, don't they?

JJ

#52463 - 06/28/06 10:33 PM Re: New granddaughter
jjblue Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Thanks, so much. It truly is a fit for me, Boomer Women Speak. What wonderful support--exchange is offered on this site. Jackie, I lived in Durango for several years, so know the loveliness of the Pagosa area well! Also, vacationed, happily, in Alabama two years ago. Another lovely state--aren't they all? Each made special by those who inhabit there--

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved