The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51994 - 10/10/04 05:53 AM Another Grandma
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
My first grandchild was born this a.m., a little girl Ava, 7 pounds, 5 ounces, with a full head of dark hair. I won't be able to see her until I go out west next week (it's midterm break, so I only have to cancel a day of classes to be able to spend about a week there).

From what my daughter says, the birth was easy, thank God. She says Ava is very attentive and very pretty.

#51995 - 10/10/04 08:21 AM Re: Another Grandma
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
OOOh!!! Congratulations! Another cute baby GIRL @ Boomers!! Happy for you! And your first! You are going to have sooo much fun with her! Grandgirls are sooo yummy (don't have any grandboys yet).

#51996 - 10/10/04 11:37 AM Re: Another Grandma
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How wonderful for you and your family DJ and a little girl too, I know how happy you must be and I am happy for you. The first is always the best, they smell so heavenly and feel so precious in your arms....like an Angel... [Smile]

#51997 - 10/10/04 04:02 PM Re: Another Grandma
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Congratulations to you and your family! Such a precious blessing, this little Ava! And so tiny!

Donna

[ October 10, 2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: DonnaJ ]

#51998 - 10/10/04 04:33 PM Re: Another Grandma
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
DJ---Grandmother to grandmother, I can tell you that I now know true love after holding my first grandchild. I love the name Ava too. So strong!

Congrats--let us know how the visit goes as soon as you can!

JJ

#51999 - 10/10/04 04:39 PM Re: Another Grandma
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
DJ...Congratulations to you on the birth of your very first grand-daughter. Ava will give you many precious moments of joy and laughter. So glad for the easy birth. Enjoy your visit...I know how difficult it is to be far away. Thank Goodness for telephones and Webcams!

Here's a sample of what you have to look forward to...one of my latest...just last evening!

My daughter and grand-son Dylan were out visiting family. She limits Dylan in sweets, 'especially' before bed-time. I was talking to her on the phone when he piped up..."Mommy,I need a bear paw cookie". Daughter says...No hunny...have some fruit instead. She said "Mom, I going to go, he's looking tired." Dylan said quickly, "Nooo Mommy...I'm not looking tired...sigh...I'm just looking like I need a bear paw cookie!"

God bless,have a safe trip and Enjoy!!!

#52000 - 10/10/04 08:13 PM Re: Another Grandma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, What? I can't believe I learned it here in the forums. Congrats!You must be dying to get there. Take lots of pictures.

How's Ava's mommy?

#52001 - 10/10/04 11:00 PM Re: Another Grandma
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dj, Congratualations and have fun with Ava when you visit.
Maggie

#52002 - 10/11/04 12:12 AM Re: Another Grandma
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its true that kids do say the darndest things as little Dylan proved with his "I need a bear paw look." My younger son Mark was famous for needing things, whatever he wanted he'd say, "I need this or that, "like he was sure it would make a difference. It was so funny, it usually did too. [Razz] God, I use to be such a push over for those boys. But not now!!!! What, you don't believe me....? [Confused] [Big Grin]

#52003 - 10/11/04 12:47 AM Re: Another Grandma
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thank you all for the good wishes! (Dotsie, it just happened yesterday a.m. -- and then I left for parents' weekend in PHiladelphia)She gave birth, then got on the phone 20 minutes later. Unbelievable.

I've heard about how special it is to be a grandmother but don't think it'll hit me fully until I get to hold the baby.

It's so cute hearing all these grandma stories. I wonder if we thought these things were cute when they were our own babies rather than grandbabies? (though that Bear Paw cookie story is adorable)

What do your grandchildren call you? We used to call my grandmother by her first name, and I never thought that was special because everyone called her that name. Both my daughter and her husband have both a mom and a stepmom. I wanted the name NeNe, but the other Mom-grandma got that one already. I feel like Grandma isn't special enough. Have thought maybe Nonny, Nana, Didi...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved