The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#51944 - 05/21/04 03:43 PM everywhere!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since I started this project it seems like everywhere I turn I see baby boomer women! We are everywhere.

Most recently I've seen lots of boomer women with what appears to be grandchildren. How did that happen?

Then I see these little young things pushing strollers and they look like kids themselves! [Eek!]

What's happening? I guess we're getting older! We seem too young to be grandparents.

#51945 - 05/21/04 05:09 PM Re: everywhere!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dots, I'm with ya'. The older I get, the younger everyone else looks. It's amazing. People in their seventies look like they're barely middle aged and people in their twenties seem like teenagers.

Must be some old age defense system kicking in.

Onward.
smile

#51946 - 05/25/04 05:38 PM Re: everywhere!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, ANOTHER old age defense mechanism! [Big Grin]

#51947 - 05/25/04 06:02 PM Re: everywhere!
smilinize Offline

Hey, I need all the Old Age defense mechanisms I can get. I'm under attack here. Old age is trying to get me!!!
Send in the troops. I need BALLISTIC MISSILES!!!

Anyone have a defense plan??? Any ideas?? How can we defend ourselves against this terorist. Old age is everywhere.
HELP!!!
smile

#51948 - 05/25/04 11:53 PM Re: everywhere!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Everyone that knows my mom who's now 84 says, "Charlotte thinks young, shes young at heart." It's true, she has always enjoyed the company of younger people. When I was in High School sometimes I'd come home from a date or work and several of my friends, boys and girls were there visiting my mom. She works a full time job even today and says if it weren't for being surrounded by younger people she would probably stay home and die. So if you can be young at heart....My sons have always said I was and that may be the reason I look 50 at my age of 64(almost. If my body could keep up with my mind I'd be jumping through hoops...LOL! [Big Grin]

#51949 - 05/26/04 05:29 AM Re: everywhere!
smilinize Offline

My Mom is 80 and gets invited by the teens with her church on all their trips. She's going to Mexico soon to help them build a church. The teens are the ones who inssisted she go.

She just finished a complete redecoration of her house. Supervised new construction inside and out and she must have sewn a mile of new curtains and papered and painted everything in sight. She amazes me.
smile

#51950 - 05/27/04 02:52 AM Re: everywhere!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One more thing we seem to have in common Smile, neat!!! [Wink]

#51951 - 05/27/04 04:54 PM Re: everywhere!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty and smile, you are so blessed to have moms who set such a great example. I think people who stay busy don't have time to think about getting old.

When our kids are grown, my husband and I intend to get involved in youth work. Youth and faith, what a way to stay young at heart. Don't you think?

Also, my dad lives in an apartment complex where 2 colleges place students for housing. He said he'd much rather be there than around old people. His grandsons joke about hanging out with Pop-Pop and all the hotties. [Eek!] Hey, the guys aren't so bad looking either! [Razz]

He's so nice to the kids too. He buys them Tasty-cakes, lets them use his vacuum, lend them shovels when it snows, brooms, whatever. I think it keeps him young.

Just reading about your moms is an inspiration to me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved