The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#198372 - 01/23/10 05:00 AM Woman killed by train
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I didn't know this woman but I was wondering if you could send out prayers for her family...I'm sure God knows where your prayers are meant to be...Larry called me awhile ago (he's on his train) and said a woman was hit by a train ahead of him and killed...it was between Long Beach and Gulfport Mississippi. They don't know yet if it was a suicide or if she just didn't hear/see the train. Thank God it wasn't Larry's train...And pray for the Conductor who has to get off the train and see the carnage and pray for the Engineer who hit her through no fault of his own...something like this affects so many people...it's heart breaking. Thanks again for your prayers.

#198408 - 01/23/10 06:55 PM Re: Woman killed by train [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
But,of course,Dee. Over here, "person under the train" happens quite often and I despair for the drivers in these cases, as I do for the victim and the victim's families. Praying as well for Larry and that all his journeys continue to be safe ones.

Oh, you can tell Larry as well that one of my running jokes with train drivers over here on the crowded commute (SRO!) to work is: "I should take up driving a train. At least, in that way, I am guaranteed a seat when I go to work."

#198410 - 01/23/10 08:06 PM Re: Woman killed by train [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Returning from York one Easter we has a delay due to the train hitting a person.
when this happens the driver has to be relieved so the long wait allowed the passengers to work out their personal feelings.all around folks were troubled..some related it on the telephone..rather excited..a few praying...
For myself...I was left feeling how a second changed the status and a life ceased to be..felt very sad..
it was late Sunday and often on Sunday like that..early Spring I recall that day.

#198424 - 01/24/10 12:44 AM Re: Woman killed by train [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I will add her to my prayers Dee, and you're right that God will know who we're praying for..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved