The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 226 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155268 - 08/04/08 02:56 AM Prayers for my son please
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi,
This is a little difficult for me to ask, since I'm not a very religious person and don't seem to have the strength of faith that so many of you do.

My oldest son Sean (21) is in the army. He's been having hip pain for some time and just learned this week that he has stress fractures in both of his hips, as well as shin splints in both legs. He's walking with a cane and has been placed on "profile" which means he can't do the physical training necessary to complete his job.

This is very frustrating for him, because he was due to rank up, and he was applying for the Green to Gold program where the army would discharge him, pay for his college, then bring him back as an officer. He is now unable to do either of these things because he is on profile.

The doctor said it could be a year before it heals. Sean doesn't know if he will be assigned a desk job for that time period, or if the army will send him packing with a medical discharge. I'm praying they will keep him, and hopefully retrain him in an interesting desk job, such as intelligence. He scored extremely high on all his testing and graduated at the top of his class. I fear they will give him some boring filing job instead of putting his brain to use.

Please keep him in your prayers for fast healing, and also to be given the proper support from the army. Thanks everyone.

Kathy

#155269 - 08/04/08 03:08 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm carrying him to prayer right now and will keep him in my prayers. That's amazing that he was able to get around with stress fractures and shin splints - that's one strong (physically and mentally!) son you have there! I'm sure (and will pray) that the army recognizes that and will find a special niche for him during this time.

(Maya Angelou)

#155270 - 08/04/08 03:15 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Kathy...my thoughts are with you. I am sending you vibes of strength and to him too!

PS....love your new pic!

#155271 - 08/04/08 04:52 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: hotflashgal]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Kathy . . . I'm praying for your son right now that all will work out for him.
www.tidedancer.com

#155272 - 08/04/08 06:56 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Sandpiper]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Kathy, I'm not a "religious" person in the formal sense of the word, but I have faith in the universe. I offer prayers and hopes for Sean that he will heal quickly be able to pursue the career of his dreams.

Poet and essayist

#155273 - 08/04/08 08:08 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm there for your son as well...with prayers galore.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#155274 - 08/04/08 10:35 AM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
COunt me in on the boomer women prayers. Youth and young adults are some of my favorite people to pray for so I'm definitely there for him.

Did they say what caused all this? Is it the exercise regimen they've had him on?

I hope he speaks up for himself and gets a job where they use everything he has to offer. I have a feeling they will. They know a good egg when they see one.

#155314 - 08/06/08 09:05 PM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Kathy, like you and Meredith, I am not a religious person either, but I do know that the prayers and thoughts of others have helped me so much this past year. I am holding you and your son in my heart and hope for the best possible outcome.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#155336 - 08/06/08 10:31 PM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Anno]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Well, ladies, I'm thinking this "prayer thing" (no offense everyone!) does really work! I posted my prayer request on Sunday and then the forums were down for the next two days. But the few people who saw it prayed for him, and guess what?

He called me Monday evening to say that he had been "ranked up" to the next pay grade! And apparently they have been withholding money each month for a food card, which he never had, so he'll get a refund of that money as well. So the prayers are working on his spirit!

Now we'll keep praying for his hips to heal and his army career. Thanks ladies!

#155359 - 08/06/08 11:53 PM Re: Prayers for my son please [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You are so very welcome, dear friend....but we just delivered the prayers, the Big Guy took it from there!

Hooray for your son!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved