The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#152208 - 06/28/08 02:57 AM Prayers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, my maternal grandfather passed away. I've never had a relationship with him and I've not seen him in over 30+ years, nor spoken w/ him in nearly 15+ years. He and my grandmother (also deceased) divorced and he never continued a relationship with my mother and uncle. He had a new family and never acknowledged his grand children nor great-grandchildren. So, I don't know how I feel. With exception of my mother who feels lost for not having a relationship with her father. She and my uncle are flying to Minneapolis, MN tomorrow and returning Wednesday.

My step-sister was in an accident yesterday and flipped her truck on the driver side with arm slashed by glass (she was driving with it out the window), had surgery on her arm, and recouperating. She was attempting to swerve away from a 4-car pile up and hit the guard rail. The cops cited her for inability to control her vehicle.

Please keep these folks in your prayers.

Thanks gals!

#152209 - 06/28/08 06:25 AM Re: Prayers [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Keeping you and your family in prayer, MustangGal. I hope your sister contests the citation, perhaps as non-voluntary/involuntary action on her part, when she is better to do so.

Edited by Lola (06/28/08 06:53 AM)

#152210 - 06/28/08 11:37 AM Re: Prayers [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My prayers are with you too, MustangGal, with you, your Mom and your step-sister. This could be a difficult time for your Mom. When an estranged loved one dies without resolution of the estrangement, all sorts of old feelings and wounds can resurface. I hope your Mom will be able to find consolation and rootedness in the love of the rest of her family during this time.

(Maya Angelou)

#152211 - 06/29/08 09:17 PM Re: Prayers [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear MustangGal: I'm truly sorry for your loss. I pray for your family and hope your step sister recuperates soon. May your mom find strength and comfort during such trying times for all involved. Please know that I do keep my BWS sisters in prayer even when unable to check in as often.
Blessings!
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#152212 - 06/29/08 09:32 PM Re: Prayers [Re: Songbird08]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
You and your family will be included in my prayers, MG.

#152213 - 06/29/08 10:05 PM Re: Prayers [Re: gims]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
My Heart and Prayers go out to you and your family members for strenght and recovery.

#152214 - 07/11/08 01:41 AM Re: Prayers [Re: Q_ball]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Mustangal: How are you doing? I pray you have found comfort in God's love. How is your mom and how is your stepsister doing?

Many things happen for which we have no explanation or answer. Life is beautiful and fragile. It can change in an instant and affect so many around us. But remember you are not alone. May you find comfort in God's love for you and yours. Praise Him for each new day and the little things that make life so much more enjoyable. There is a time for everything and God is in control. It's helped me hold on to Him in difficult situations.

Please know that we care and pray for you and yours!
May you enjoy countless blessings
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved