The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48963 - 04/14/06 06:31 PM My niece
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I have a prayer request for my 4 year old niece, Rachel. She was extremely ill last week (I only found out yesterday)and was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. My brother, his wife and 6 kids, live in a very rural town and she had to be taken by helicopter to a big city hospital, as she was critical. She's home now and they are trying to stabilize her. I want us to pray for a complete healing for this sweet little girl.
Also a big concern is money. My brother has not been working much and they have no insurance. He refuses gov't. assistance and the helicoptor bill is $ 14K and the hospital bill is over $ 7K.
The insulin and testing supplies are pretty expensive, too. They are a very simple, hardworking family. They homeschool and home church and have a food co-op.
I'm going to try to sell some things for him on ebay and as soon as my building lot sells, I should be able to send him some $. Hopefully, their community will pitch in, too. They've been living there for almost 2 years.
Thanks, my faithful prayer warriors!!!

[ April 14, 2006, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#48964 - 04/15/06 05:45 AM Re: My niece
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jackie, I just saw this. Be assured that I will hold Rachel and her family in my prayers.
chick

#48965 - 04/17/06 05:35 AM Re: My niece
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blue, this really touches my heart because my hubby is a Type I and daughter a Type II. I'm forever listening to blood sugar numbers. Please let them know I am willing to be their email pal throughout this ordeal of adjustment.

I totally understand the disease and so does my husband. I'm sure he'd help them too. He's an eye doctor and has many patients who are also diabetics so he really knows his stuff.

We are here for them via email if they choose. I will also hold them in prayer. Do they have soemone they are working with to educate them and get her under control. It's a tricky disease in the beginning, but one that you can absolutely live a healthy, normal lifestlye with once you understand and get it under control.

#48966 - 04/17/06 05:39 PM Re: My niece
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Bluebird: I'm praying for Rachel as I write. It is sad to see such a young life facing uncertainty and troubles! But children are very important to the Lord. I know he will be her doctor, her comforter, her strengthener.

I also pray for all the family, as illness takes a toll on each one involved. I pray they find help in the community, church and one another!

Dotsie, that's sp sweet of you to be their online pal! I'm sure it will be a blessing to them all!

#48967 - 04/17/06 06:49 PM Re: My niece
Bluebird Offline

Thanks, ladies!! I spoke to my SIL yesterday and they are getting my niece stabilized. My brother and his wife are very much into organic foods, herbs, essential oils and nutirition in general.
Their neighbors have been coming through for them and people are helping with money. They are totally trusting God, which is what I knew they'd do, once the intitial shock wore off. God will be glorified through this sweet child and her whole family.

#48968 - 04/18/06 07:06 AM Re: My niece
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Bluebird,
My sister's only son was diagnosed with acute juvenile diabetes at the age of 2. He was also diagnosed with Ciliac Disease (I'm probably misspelling this) at 12 months old. My sister had to learn a special diet for the Ciliac and then the diabetes. She has been thru it, let me tell you! He is 20 years old now and is ALL boy! Please let them know that things will get better. I can ask my sister if she knows of any programs to get the much needed supplies if you think you're brother would accept them? Sis always had insurance so this wasn't a problem for her, but she is so knowledgable in this area that maybe she could help. Just let me know. I will be praying for your brother and his family, especially sweet Rachel!

JJ

#48969 - 04/17/06 08:11 PM Re: My niece
Bluebird Offline

You all are the BEST!! I keep telling everyone that I have the most awesome prayer warriors. I knew a woman years ago, whose mom had a prayer chain that was called The God Squad - think I'll call y'all God Squad II.
(((HUGS)))

#48970 - 04/18/06 05:42 AM Re: My niece
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The God Squad? Perfect boomer name! I love it.

Did you mention the email offer? We're here if they need us.

#48971 - 04/19/06 01:24 AM Re: My niece
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

God Squad II - MAKING OFFERS YOU CAN'T REFUSE!

JJ

#48972 - 04/19/06 03:24 AM Re: My niece
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bluebird besides the PM I sent you remember this info and pass it along. St. Judes Childrens Hospoital turns NO child away and theri treatments are free as well as the medications needed for as long as they are needed. Now if they want to take her there just contact Miracle Flights For Kids at (702)261-0495 and speak to Mr. or Mrs. McGee. They will arrange to fly her and her parents there at no charge and home again. They will fly her and the parents as many times as need be all for FREE....I raised funds for them and have seen the wonderful work they do for these kids and their parents....I have the address if you want it for any reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved