The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#51476 - 08/01/04 09:45 PM Job woes
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Please remember our family in prayer. My husband's department where he worked was 'eliminated' after 31 years with the same company.

Thank God we are fine financially for a while, but our big concern is health coverage. My husband is only 54 but had quintuple bypass surgery six years ago - yes! at 48! - and so has a pre-existing condition.

He and our son are going to start their own company, so please pray as they step out into this new venture.

Thanks so much. - Donna

#51477 - 08/01/04 10:32 PM Re: Job woes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You got it Donna. Of course we will.

I know this time now is uncertain for you all, but I also know how brave you are, and that your strong faith in God and HIS wisdom and goodness AND faithfullness will see you through it.

Remember, we believe in YOU too...k?

JJ

#51478 - 08/02/04 12:28 AM Re: Job woes
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Donna,

Will keep your family in my prayers. God loves us all and I know He will guide and protect you all; His love is unconditional and freely given.

#51479 - 08/02/04 01:38 AM Re: Job woes
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This topic reminds me of when I had a personnel agency. It was during the oil bust and many people suddenly lost jobs on which they had relied. There were no other jobs to move on to.
The women recovered quickly, but the men, especially those at midlife, suffered. They seemed to lose their identity and their confidence. Some never recovered.
Fortunately there seem to be jobs for people to move to nowadays, but you will need to be especially understanding of your husband at this time. No matter how stable he may be, losing a job is very difficult, especially for a man. And as his wife it can be difficult for you also.
Knowing that God can make miracles from any circumstance, I will be in prayer for both of you.
smile

#51480 - 08/02/04 02:25 AM Re: Job woes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Tell your husband to get on COBRA and stretch out his Insurance as long as he can and find another one as soon as possible. I think COBRA is good for a year but don't take my word for it, check it out. Bless you all and I hope for the best...

#51481 - 08/03/04 07:29 AM Re: Job woes
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
The saying "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it" popped in my mind as soon as I saw your post. Though not by choice, this may be a golden opportunity for your husband and son! I am praying it will be as well as the spirit of your husband does not become downtrodden during this difficult time.

May God Bless your house.

#51482 - 08/03/04 03:50 PM Re: Job woes
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Thank you for your prayers. God only knows how much I appreciate it.

Don got the extended coverage through Cobra. It is expensive, but we have no choice.

He got his first assignment as a self-employed contractor yesterday. When he said something about being 'unemployed' our son reminded him, "Dad, you're SELF-employed now." LOL! He set his dad straight. Teehee.

I'm working on all his proposal, etc. today, so I've got my hands full, too.

Thanks again!
Donna

#51483 - 08/03/04 05:37 PM Re: Job woes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
There you go Donna! His first assignment! YAHOO! And he has insurance, so the sky is the limit. I like the way your son thinks...glass half full, half empty...LOL!

What kind of biz is he in if you don't mind my asking?

JJ

#51484 - 08/03/04 05:46 PM Re: Job woes
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Donna:
Loosing a job, for whatever reason, can be devastating for a marriage. I'm glad to know that your husband has an option.

Being self-employed has many challenges too, but God will see you through. My husband has been self-employed for some time now and the Lord has provided steady work throughout the years, with only word-of-mouth advertising. [Smile] God is sooo good!

I've added your family to my prayer list and wish your family the best.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved