The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#146559 - 04/16/08 01:41 PM In Need of Prayer Support
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I know I've been asking a lot lately, and was hesitant to ask for more. But I'm heading into a very painful, stressful, downright devastating family situation tomorrow, one that's been brewing on the back burner for about a year now. I can't share any other details, only that this situation has been unimaginably painful for me and has contributed to my profound grief and sorrow over this past year. Today the knot in my stomach feels more like a brick building about to collapse.

I just don't want to go into tomorrow without some prayer backup...you've been there for me before, and your powerful prayers have carried me through some excruciating circumstances. The thought of going into tomorrow without that power and support makes me feel even more sick-at-heart than I already feel.

So could I please ask anyone who feels so inclined to hold me in your prayers and care for a couple of days, especially tomorrow morning? I need prayers for the situation itself, and for me to get through it with grace, strength and courage. Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it will help me to know that you're there to lean against tomorrow.

(Maya Angelou)

#146560 - 04/16/08 01:52 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dear Eagleheart, you can always come to us no matter how much you've been asking for. We are always there for each other. There are times in our lives when we are more needy than others but we'll always pray for you and that God will meet your needs and help/guide you through any situation that comes up in your life.

My heart breaks for you for having to encounter so much. I pray God will put his hand upon you and remain close in you heart for the next few days. Dear friend, always call on us to help and pray. That's what friends do. I pray God will be thre for you.
www.tidedancer.com

#146561 - 04/16/08 02:07 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: Sandpiper]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Of course! Consider yourself prayed for and supported. God bless you, Donna

#146562 - 04/16/08 09:15 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: DonnaJ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I've got you covered dear friend. Everything will be alright.

#146563 - 04/16/08 10:28 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You are so love and respected by so many here and our prayers will wrap around you like a shiny, steel shield, to keep you safe during your personal endeavor. We love you Sharon!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#146564 - 04/16/08 11:19 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thank you everyone...the knot in my stomach feels significantly loosened tonight.

I'm listening to the song "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel...the part "Rest your head, you worry too much, it's going to be alright; when times get rough, you can fall back on us; so don't give up...you still have us" reminds me of all of you...I'm going to wrap myself up in that "shiny steel shield" of your love, care and prayers. That's a really good image to carry with me tomorrow! Thank you.

(Maya Angelou)

#146565 - 04/17/08 12:44 AM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers, Eagle Heart.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#146566 - 04/17/08 04:05 AM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: yonuh]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
EH, dear heart, know that I am so inclined to image you in love and light.

#146567 - 04/17/08 05:31 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle Heart, you have my best.

Poet and essayist

#146568 - 04/17/08 05:56 PM Re: In Need of Prayer Support [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

This morning was so brutal. This is such a nightmare that just never ends. There are moments when all I want to do is lay down and never get back up. But your prayers, and the inspiration that so many of you are and have been in my life, keep me going. This situation is heart-breaking, and I just pray for the continued strength, courage and whatever else I need to keep from falling apart.

Thank you for being there for me this morning. I felt your strength bolstering me up. We have a little respite before the next onslaught. I need to soak in the sunshine and "love and light" of God's presence, and somehow rise above all this without letting it break my heart, spirit, body and mind.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved