The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139027 - 01/21/08 03:42 AM Ongoing Illness
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've wanted to ask for prayers here before about this, but didn't want to cover up anyone else's request. But I decided to ask tonight.

I've been sick since our return from the cruise (Dec 28th). It's been a weird thing. It doesn't feel like the flu, (and I had the flu shot); it does feel like a cold, most of the time, with all the symptoms of a bad cold. It would be insignificant if it wasn't for the longevity - and other side-symptoms, like sudden bouts of extreme weakness and fatigue.

Tonight, I was up in the living room praying, very peaceful, feeling pretty good, not even a sniffle or cough. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I started throwing up. No warning whatsoever. This has been happening more frequently.

I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. We're leaving very soon to go south. This doesn't feel so good. So I'm asking for your prayers for a speedy restoration to better health. Thank you...

...and I have to go to bed right now because I suddenly feel so unwell that I can barely type - I'm used to mental/emotional difficulty, but this level of physical unwellness is VERY unusual for me.

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/21/08 03:46 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#139028 - 01/21/08 04:01 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, when you read this in the morning know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. A couple of illnesses come to mind after travel, but that is not what you asked for. Also, I think that anyone who comes on and hits "active topics" will get all new posts even if they are in the same forum so no need to worry about cover up. I will include you in my evening meditation. Please never hesitate to ask; you have helped so many. I for one am honored and humbled to try to be of some assistance to you. Love and Light, Lynn

#139029 - 01/21/08 07:00 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so sorry to hear this Eagle. You will be in my prayers and heart for your speedy recovery and great health.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#139030 - 01/21/08 08:39 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Our neighbours are world travellers, and half the time come home sick after one of their cruises.
It sounds like some sort of salmonella illness. Sending you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery, Eagle.

#139031 - 01/21/08 10:15 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sharon
a woman who is an intuitive practioner has told me that the body can have a "cleansing" during inner emotional work.She use reiki and bowen .
It is important to have medical checks but why would a body not heal in its own way?
MA

#139032 - 01/21/08 10:41 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Praying for a quick recovery, dear Eagle heart. Please , if you're able, let us know how your doctor's appointment went. I'm so glad you had an appt. today. Take care...

#139033 - 01/22/08 09:16 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle Heart, my prayers for your good health to return soon.

You are here for all of us, whenever anyone needs a friend. In turn, I know that everyone on this forum wants to be here for you. Be well.

Poet and essayist

#139034 - 01/22/08 07:45 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you everyone. I appreciate your prayers.

The doctor thinks this is some weird virus I picked up on the cruise, with the bad cold making it difficult to fight off. I'm still feeling somewhat unwell, but at least am able to keep food down.

The main reason I went to her is that we're heading to Cuba soon, and I need to be sure this isn't bacterial, because it's often impossible to get antibiotics there. We take lots of OTC stuff with us (and whatever we don't use we leave behind with the local doctor), and most long-stay tourists bring a supply of antibiotics "just in case" (and then leave behind if unused.) My doctor won't prescribe anything for "just in case", but normally it's not a problem because my immune system is strong enough to fight most things off quickly and without meds.

This level of physical unwellness is unusual, and rather debilitating. Hopefully all that vitamin D and fresh salt air will help.

(Maya Angelou)

#139035 - 01/23/08 01:27 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Eagle Heart]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Oh Eagle,

I pray you will recover soon. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I love you dear boomer sis!

Cathi

#139036 - 01/23/08 02:53 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Eagle, are you feeling better today? Wow, lots of travel for you- that's sounds so nice!

Kathy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved