The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127170 - 09/04/07 01:48 PM Asking for prayer....
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Just typing "asking for prayer" gives me a sense of hope, because it's been so long. I'm new here lately but have loved coming back over and over...reading and posting. This forum is one that I've purposely ignored until this morning. As some may have read, I was a long time pastor's wife whose world came crashing down about 6 years ago. Since then I've run from God more than anything. Yesterday, after 3 very difficult days, my husband and I were talking about faith which is rare. I told him how my inner peace and quiet heart left as soon as I walked away. I'm at the end now and feel I can't hide anymore. I need to begin my own personal walk with Him once again, even if it takes baby steps. Please pray that I can do this and be somehow among the faithful. I can feel so empty sometimes. Thank you, new friends

#127171 - 09/04/07 02:22 PM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladyjane, I am happy to pray for you to take the baby steps you need to find your way back. Once you committed to doing so, the rest will come naturally. Feel free to post how you are feeling and share your walk. Discussing faith journeys is one of my favorite topics. You're on your way to feeling blessed.

I once wandered and a few rotten events in my life brought me back. While they were hard to live through (friend's suicide, infertility, husband's complications with Diabetes) I am grateful for them now because I don't know where I'd be without my faith at this point in life.

#127172 - 09/05/07 12:05 AM Re: Asking for prayer....
Anonymous
Unregistered

LadyJane, my prayers are with you . . . I'm rather wandering, too.

#127173 - 09/05/07 06:54 PM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: ]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Lady Jane: Welcome, I'm glad to know you made a blessed decision. I'll be praying for you in your journey and am sure God is holding you tight! Baby steps are fine! We have a Father who won't let go of his child. Thanks for allowing us the privilege of praying for such a worthy cause. Blessings for you and your family.
NABBW & NAWW

#127174 - 09/05/07 07:31 PM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: Songbird]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lady Jane, I will be glad to hold you in prayer. Many of us stumbled upon this site when we needed someone who could listen and relate to us. I believe baby steps are a good way to get started also.

#127175 - 09/05/07 08:13 PM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: chickadee]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lady Jane, I asked for prayers from our boomer sisters too. I was reluctant to ask, as it was not in my nature. I must say that whenever I read a response to my request, I felt lifted. It is not that my circumstances have changed at all; it's that I felt a sense of peace. You have come to the right place, and I hope you will feel the love and light that comes across this cyber place!

#127176 - 09/06/07 04:56 AM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: Princess Lenora]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Ladyjane,
Thanks for asking, it's nice to be able to return the favour to others, having been blessed myself with support and prayers from our friends on this site.

You will be in my prayers also. I hope you can feel us all walking by your side in support as you take this journey. I'm sure you will feel stronger day by day.
God Bless.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#127177 - 09/06/07 09:55 AM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: SharonE]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Thank you all so much. I don't feel alone anymore and that is a great beginning. I'm dusting off some of my old devotionals that I had common sense enough to NOT let go of. That's all I seek....peace of heart by growing and talking with God again. What a wonderful place I've found here with such super ladies. Thank you!

#127178 - 09/06/07 12:57 PM Re: Asking for prayer.... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladyjane, I'm always around if you want to delve deeper in this conversation.

I have a feeling you will have no trouble picking up the relationship with God again since you are now seeking. It must be God's timing, and yours too...whihc makes it all good!

#127179 - 09/11/07 12:51 PM Re: Asking for prayer....
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear L J: You have chosen the best part, which will not be taken away from you... Have a blessed day while indulging in His love!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved