The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#118822 - 05/15/07 11:01 PM Prayer for friend and her children
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
One of my dear friends lost her husband to suicide last month and she has two small children and another one on the way. Her husband suffered from depression. Its so sad. Please pray for protection, guidance and security for them and esp. comfort. Suicide is such a real thing and people need to understand that its the illness that takes over and kills them.

#118823 - 05/16/07 12:38 PM Re: Prayer for friend and her children [Re: mammajude]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Having just experienced this horror with a friend, I completely understand. It's so traumatic and children and spouses of those who kill themselves, are never quite the same again.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#118824 - 05/16/07 07:00 PM Re: Prayer for friend and her children [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I watched as a friend's family was torn literally apart after their Dad's suicide. The husband shot himself and the daughter found him. The Mother was blamed for his death but in reality, he was an alcoholic, abuser and the Mom was just trying to get away from him. She suceeded, but he took his life because she left and the note he left behind blamed her; as if she pulled the trigger. They had two girls and one of them has NEVER gotten over it and blames the Mom, while the other rallied around the Mother until her death a couple of years ago. Here's another sad note. She became an alcoholic herself after his death because she couldn't deal with it and blamed HER OWN SELF.

I can't begin to tell you the trauma involved and the results of the daughter's life since then. It is a long, sad tale.

#118825 - 05/17/07 12:23 AM Re: Prayer for friend and her children [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
sorrie to hear that storie jj ....i think the blame and self blame an all to real thing in the wake of a suicide.

back to the original request i certinlie pray for all that you aske and peace and understanding for the decseesed spirite. I also had a frend kill themselfs just before christmass...sadlie its not the first frend i lost to this manifistasion of depression and despaire.

i dunno i think as long as people havbe even a tinie shread of hope then theirs a chances life wont end ....but if that hope goes then they nuthing to hold onto..

#118826 - 05/17/07 02:11 PM Re: Prayer for friend and her children [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mammajude, I will certainly add your friend and her children to my prayer list. How sad for those kids. I hope and pray the kids are getting professional help now. No matter how old they are, they should be counseled.

We also lost a friend to suicide 25 years ago. We just had dinner with his parents a couple weeks ago. He was an only child. There's still an open wound there in his mom and dad. How miserably sad.

#118827 - 05/17/07 03:56 PM Re: Prayer for friend and her children
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
MJ- I'm praying for this family as I type. A loss is always terrible, but worse when it's due to suicide. What a sad reality!

For this mother and widow, it is an ordeal that will affect all her world! The children need special attention too!
I second Dotsie's comment regarding counseling.
Will keep this family and so many others in my prayers!
NABBW & NAWW

#118828 - 05/18/07 02:13 AM Re: Prayer for friend and her children [Re: Songbird]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
MJ...please tell them of the love and prayers from us...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved