The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#48763 - 06/21/06 04:50 PM Mother's eyes
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Please pray for my mother. She had cataract surgery which was complicated by glaucoma and her vision is worse now than before the surgery.

We are very concerned because she is an artist and she needs her eyes to paint. It keeps her young.

smile

#48764 - 06/22/06 07:16 AM Re: Mother's eyes
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Smile: I will be praying for your mom and her sight. We've seen God's power and so many answered prayers... and trust he cares so much for each of his children. So keep the faith. Help is on the way!

Blessings!

#48765 - 06/21/06 09:11 PM Re: Mother's eyes
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I've got your Mom covered Smile...are the Doctors saying they can do anything else for her? They have come such a long way with vision lately, including corneal transplants and laser surgery..maybe you can look into some second and third opinions...keep us posted please.

#48766 - 06/21/06 09:50 PM Re: Mother's eyes
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Praying for your mom, smile, especially for her peace of mind.

((HUGS)) for you both.

#48767 - 06/21/06 09:56 PM Re: Mother's eyes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
SMILES, don't know how I missed this post. You can bet your Mom is covered in prayer. I'm wondering the same as the other ladies, is there anything they can do for her sight?

Keep us posted, and we'll keep her covered. Bless her sweet heart!

JJ

#48768 - 06/23/06 08:00 PM Re: Mother's eyes
Songbird Offline

Nothing is impossible for the Lord!!! Smile... he's got your mom in his hands!

#48769 - 06/27/06 08:10 PM Re: Mother's eyes
Songbird Offline

Smile, how is your mother doing? Still praying and tgrusting for the Lord's healing hand to do what only he can do.

#48770 - 06/27/06 08:23 PM Re: Mother's eyes
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Song,
Here's what I posted under another topic. I should have posted it here. Mom is calmer about her eyes and her vision seems to be improving slowly.

Ross' call was such a comfort.

smile

(Here's the post)
I just thought everyone should know the quality of Dotsie's character and her concern for her boomer friends.

As some may remember, I posted a request for prayer for my Mom's eyes after she had cataract surgery followed by complications and further loss of vision. I received a sweet email from Dotsie who had her husband, Ross, (an eye Doctor) contact me that evening by phone.

After I explained the situation, he reassured me and I reassured Mom that her eyes will probably improve given a little time. It calmed us all to know she will probably regain her vision and hopefully see better within a few weeks.

She said today she is beginning to see a little better.

I certainly appreciate Dotsie's concern and Ross's call as well as the boomer prayers. It helps so much to have friends who care and who pray. She's not completely healed, but we're believing she soon will see much better and can return to painting.

smile

#48771 - 06/27/06 10:56 PM Re: Mother's eyes
Songbird Offline

Thanks for the update, I just read the other thread a little while ago. Glad to know everything is turning out ok. And, yes!! Dotsie & Ross make the world a little brighter!! Aren't we blessed to call them friends?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved