The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50035 - 09/08/05 10:26 PM Jordon's fifth birthday
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Hi everyone,
For those of you remember me from last year when so many reached out to hold our family up in prayer during the illness and subsequent death of my 3-year-old grandson, Jordon (on August 4, 2004...believe it or not, if he had lived, Jordon would have been 5 years old yesterday! It was a tough day for my husband, our daughter, and myself - especially since we're now separated by 850 miles from her. I just re-read each and every one of the posts from last year (and printed them all to keep a permanent record) and it was very therapeutic for me. I wanted to thank you all again for your loving and caring hearts that helped us get through those awful days. I'm envisioning Jordon right now, having matured by another year, walking hand-in-hand with the Lord in heaven. Charlie and I moved to Palm Coast, Florida in May and our daughter expected to follow shortly but she realized that she would not be able to leave her friends and her support group back in Maryland to make this move. We are grateful that she has this group of friends to continue to hold her up. Last night, several friends (including a couple of Jordon's little buddies) gathered to have dinner together on what would have been Jordon's 5th birthday. If you could, would you please offer up a prayer for our family - that the Lord would bless us with His peace and comfort and that I would find some friends here in Florida and one more thing - that He would provide me with a job that would fulfill all of our current needs? I would appreciate it so much! Thanks so much,
Joyce

#50036 - 09/08/05 11:33 PM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Joyce- HI! It's so great to see you.

Thanks for coming back and sharing all over again. I'm glad the forums helped comfort you.

I will surely hold you all in prayer.

What kind of job are you looking for?

Also, I haven't been to Curve since June. I intended to go back this week because the kids are back to school. It's Thursday and I haven't been there yet. URG! Are you going in Florida?

#50037 - 09/08/05 11:52 PM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
newhope Offline

Dotsie,
Thanks so much for the prayer and the welcome back message. I'm looking for a job as an administrative assistant - that's what I've done for most of my life, except the past six years when I was a manager of the very small administrative support department at a small IT consulting firm. I'm ready to work another 5 years or so until retirement as someone's assistant. I had been going to Curves regularly here in Palm Coast until I had some surgery about 3 weeks ago. I should be able to return in a couple of weeks. I miss it! How about you?

#50038 - 09/09/05 01:38 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Joyce: Long time no see [Smile] . It's great to see you again. I often wonder how you are doing. I will be praying for you and your family especially during this time. May the Lord continue to strengthen you day by day and may he provide you with that much needed job and restore your health fully.

I'm glad your daughter has a support group at home. It is a blessing! I'm sure knowing that makes it easier for you in FL.

[Cool] Enjoy each and every day with new hope.
Blessings!

#50039 - 09/09/05 04:45 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Joyce,
It's always nice to hear your voice in here again. You have our prayers and maybe by letting everyone know about the job hunt, someone in here can provide a lead. You never know. God does work in mysterious ways! Are you near Tampa or Tallahassee? I'm not familiar with Palm Coast.

JJ

#50040 - 09/10/05 01:43 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
newhope Offline

Thanks, jawjaw - by the way, I'm really enjoying your weekly newsletters! I love to laugh, and you always make me. Palm Coast is on the east coast of Florida halfway between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. There aren't very many office jobs right here in this area but I really don't want to drive 70 miles one way to go to Jacksonville or Orlando. I wouldn't mind a 30 to 45 minute commute, but anything over an hour is just too much at this point in my life, not to mention the cost of gasoline these days!

#50041 - 09/10/05 02:45 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sent you a PM. I have never been touched by anothers child as I was by Jordon. God has him now. God Bless all of you.

#50042 - 09/10/05 04:02 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
newhope Offline

Chatty,
Your words really touched my heart. Thank you so much. It helps so much to know that even though Jordon lived only 3 years and almost 11 months, he did touch so many people!
Joyce

#50043 - 09/10/05 08:47 AM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Joyce,
I was hoping I could help. I have friends in the two cities I mentioned. Chatty started a biz from stratch so you might want to talk to her. She does administrative work for Real Estate people. Maybe you could do the same and stay home?

JJ

#50044 - 09/10/05 05:53 PM Re: Jordon's fifth birthday
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Joyce, your post really pulled at my heart strings. Please know that you and your family are also in my prayers. I wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved