The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#50857 - 02/09/05 03:35 AM Prayer for my son in Iraq
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Hi, everyone:
I promised myself I wouldn't worry myself sick over my oldest son, who is stationed in Baghdad, but I find this is more difficult than I'd imagined. Each time I hear there is another casualty, the emotions are overwhelming. Donnie has been in the Army for almost 14 years and has been stationed throughout the world, including Bosnia (twice) and Korea, but Iraq is absolutely the worst. He is with the 18th Airborne and is expected to be in Iraq through the remainder of this year (if they don't extend his tour). So I'd appreciate any and all prayers sent his way...
God bless,
Trish

#50858 - 02/09/05 03:47 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Trish,
Donnie in my prayers along with you and your family. I'll add him to my daily.Prayers go out to all our soldiers in Iraq.
God Bless
Andria

#50859 - 02/09/05 04:52 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Trish: I'll be praying for you and yours.I know it's difficult. My cousin left for his second mission to Baghdad a few days ago.

#50860 - 02/09/05 07:37 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Trish,
I definately have put you on my prayer list. I have a neice and her fiance in Iraq and worry about them all the time.

May God bless and protect all our troops across the world.

Angel

#50861 - 02/10/05 08:12 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Trish...you certainly have all of our prayers. I will add you and your sweet son to mine, and I know all the boomers will too, even if they don't post it here. Its what they do. You can be guaranteed you are surrounded with our love, and especially Donnie!

JJ

#50862 - 02/11/05 04:53 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
He is in our prayers.. My nephew was over there for a year and a half and is home now.. Thank God..
God Bless our Soldiers...

#50863 - 02/13/05 03:08 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm happy to add Donnie to my list of soldiers. I'll also pray for you and the rest of your family.

Two of the soldiers I've been praying for are home safely. [Big Grin]

#50864 - 02/14/05 02:35 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hello, Trish. I know how you are feeling. My brother was there from the very beginning when the shock and awe was going on, the aircrafts falling or being shot down. God, I prayed so many long and hard hours. Everytime I heard of a casualty, I thought of him.

He is a captain and have been in the service for over 20yrs. Then, there's my uncle that's stationed in Germany. His company was the ones that had to do the dirtiest work going underground and secret missions that left his entire family wondering. It's been a year and we have not heard from him yet. That the usual in his particular case.

My brother was there for a year and a half and is back home now. He is stationed in El Paso where they were held captive, some died and Shoshuna and Jessica and a few others survived but are still healing. THe beautiful part is that they are able to heal.

With all of these praying women here, including myself, your dear son will be back home with you too.

Try to look at different programs and make sure that you do relaxing things. I know it's hard to do that but do it anyway.

Stay in His Arms,

Sugaree

#50865 - 02/15/05 03:57 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Hi, everyone:
Thank you so much for all the outpouring of support. You gals are terrific!
Sugaree, thanks for all the info on your loved ones. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers, esp the uncle whom you have not heard from.
JJ, gal, you know I love ya. You certainly get around, don't you? You pop up everywhere. Can't wait to meet you at Book 'Em.
Let's hope this ends soon and the Iraqis are able to defend and police their own country, so our loved ones can all come home safe and sound.
Have a wonderful evening, everyone, and God bless,
Trish

#50866 - 02/15/05 06:14 AM Re: Prayer for my son in Iraq
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have a friend, Sergeant in the Army, just came back from 8 months in Iraq. It's educational for me to get the view directly from someone who served, as opposed to various political slants from the news media. He's supposed to send me some links to soldiers' blogs but hasn't emailed them yet.

I pray for the safe return of all our troops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved