The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51427 - 08/09/04 05:12 PM From my website...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I know this seems so minor when some of you have lost family members.

I'm often faced with trying to help women survive who have managed to escape their abuser, only to be stalked for years afterward. They wear down, become deeply depressed and suicidal. I've already had to call the police three states away when a woman posted a suicide note on my site (Thank God, they found her in time although she was near death).

Now, another woman has said she doesn't have the strength to go on. She needs your prayers badly. I don't want to post her name because of privacy issues but God knows who she is. She is not a hysterical type personality, wanting attention. She is highly educated and reasonable but has been stalked for over eight years now!

I have a picture of a woman on my desk who died last year. It serves as a reminder to never stop what I'm doing because there are women out there who don't have anywhere to go for help.

I would deeply appreciate very strong prayers today. Thank you.

#51428 - 08/09/04 06:05 PM Re: From my website...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I'm more than happy to add her to my prayers. God help her and God bless you for your ministry for battered woman. How awesome that the internet be used for such a great cause!

#51429 - 08/09/04 06:09 PM Re: From my website...
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Dianne,

A wonderful cause and yes, I will keep her in my prayers. Hope this issue with the woman turns out well.

#51430 - 08/09/04 06:38 PM Re: From my website...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Dianne, I had a family member who was stalked last year. I never could have predicted it with this particular person. I pray for this woman you requested prayer for, and applaud you for your ministry. May God bless you, and please keep us updated on this situation.

Donna

#51431 - 08/09/04 10:21 PM Re: From my website...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
of course you have our prayers. All you have to do is ask. Bless her heart. We will continue to hold her in prayer and surround her with love. Please give us an udpate if you are able...and tell her that many women PLUS GOD are behind her, so she needs to try and hang on...and pray!

JJ

#51432 - 08/09/04 11:51 PM Re: From my website...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Quite honestly, I never believed stalking was real until a few years ago. It was the most bizarre experience of my life and I can see how it would make you suicidal. You can't get away from it.
The guy who stalked me was very attractive, much younger than I and very charming. When I decided he wasn't for me, he made threatening phone calls, kidnapped me, stole my gun, stole my car, and generally drove me insane.
I got a Victim Protection Orders which the police seemed to regard as get out of jail free card. He got his official address changed to mine and if they ever got here before he escaped over the creek, they would say it was domestic dispute and do nothing.
Finally he burglarized my house and with a great deal of difficulty I was able to get him imprisoned in another state.
I had more locks than fort knox and he could get past them all. I had burglar alarms of every kind and they went off all day and night until he figured out a way to trick them and I had to get new ones.
After he went to prison, he called me collect to say threatening things in the seconds before I could hang up. He had his prison friends do the same. I had my number changed repeatedly but he would convince the operator it was an emergency and get the new one. He was a computer whiz and could track me down wherever I was.
Finally I moved away for a period of time and got a house sitter who was married to a policeman who parked his police car in my yard and answered the phone with is Police identification.
It started almost ten years ago and he is out of prison now. He has called me five or six times from another state in the year I have been married. At first I was afraid to tell him I was married for fear it would stir up something, but did and it inspired a flurry of phone calls, but the calls are tapering off now. Hopefully they are over forever.
I have never mentioned that before because it sounds like a soap opera, but Dianne's post and a phone call last week brought it all back.
Just another irritation I suppose. I will definitely pray for your friend.
smile

[ August 09, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#51433 - 08/10/04 01:27 AM Re: From my website...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My word!!!! What a nightmare. How horrible for you. I've always said this type of personality is like a case of Herpes...just when you think they're gone, they come back again. [Mad]

The woman from my site, I'll call Jane Doe, has decided that he's ruined her life and he pretty much has. He's an extremely important and high profile man...a senator! She left him because he was abusing her. I guess he has three other women that he keeps tabs on and stalks them too. Nobody will believe them when they report him and he's seen to it that Jane Doe can't get a job (she's an attorney). He knows everything she does and has for eight years. She suffers from severe PTSD, which makes it really hard to function.

I called her today and talked for two hours. I don't know whether I helped or not. All I can do is be here for her and pray and I deeply appreciate all of your comments and prayers.

Oh, I had a stalker about 13 years ago. He told the utility companies that we were getting married and I was moving and to shut off my power, gas, water. Luckily, the gal at the electric company called me to verify it. He poured super glue in the locks of my cars, slashed the convertible top, yadda. I just wished that he would die. Even when he married a woman, he continued to stalk me. After I left the state, I received a forwarded letter from him, which of course, I didn't respond to. He was just so sick. Yuck. Can't stand to even think about him. Makes me want to vomit. We need an instant graemlin of puking!

#51434 - 08/10/04 01:48 AM Re: From my website...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I'm astonished at these stories. I guess my relative got off a bit easier, since all he did was harass her, tail her car every where she went, let the air out of all her tires, and send nasty letters. Yuck!!! Yes, we need one of those green emoticons for this thread!

Donna

#51435 - 08/10/04 03:05 AM Re: From my website...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good Lord, I cannot believe all of these stories! How horrible for all of you. It is so scary to think that the system in place could not, or did not protect you. I'm speechless.

I'm also thankful that you are alive, well, and that the idiots did not break your spirits. Good for you girls. I will certainly be praying in earnest for your friend Dianne...certainly will.

JJ

#51436 - 08/10/04 03:06 AM Re: From my website...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dianne:
I'll be praying for her too and for your ministry. God bless you. It's hard to imagine such terrible things going on in the lives of others. It goes to show how often we don't thank God enough for what we enjoy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved