The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 213 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48698 - 11/11/03 04:54 PM Prayer request for my son
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Tomorrow afternoon we are heading to the city (about an hour and half drive away from here) because my oldest son, TJ, is having knee surgery Thursday morning.

If I could ask that you keep TJ in your prayers on Thursday for a successful surgery, and that you keep all of us in prayer for safe travelling - weather is tricky this time of year....

Thanks!

#48699 - 11/11/03 05:20 PM Re: Prayer request for my son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Evie, I just offered prayers for you, your son, and family...for safe travel, fine care, and a speedy recovery. All in the Lord's hands. [Big Grin]

You're on my prayer list and will stay there until you tell me otherwise. [Wink]

#48700 - 11/11/03 06:31 PM Re: Prayer request for my son
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dear Girl! Of course you have our prayers. TJ has been sent prayers and hugs from the South. I also asked that God surround you and your hubby with HIS loving arms before, during and after the surgery.

God's speed on TJ's recover!

#48701 - 11/12/03 04:42 PM Re: Prayer request for my son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Evie, please let us know how the surgery goes. [Wink]

#48702 - 11/13/03 07:23 AM Re: Prayer request for my son
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Evie -- tonight my youngest son was reading from a wee prayer book he had gotten at his first communion. He is usually the one who gets to say prayer before meal -- it's always been his special task -- and he decided he would like to read one prayer from that book each evening.

Well, the one he got to was The Lord's Prayer, only he knows it as "The Our Father," so I don't think he immediately recognized it as the same prayer he's recited aloud with me at bedtime since he could first speak.

I honestly don't think he'd evers SEEN it in print before, and he tends to be a bit of a "careless" reader -- not one to take his time -- and so he began:

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, how loud be thy name!"

It was all I could do to keep from bursting out in laughter, but I didn't. However, what I did do was think about the meaning behind little words like that -- words that escape the lips of the innocent. Surely, there is often more truth behind the words of such as these than we may ever know. After all, one of God's pseudonyms -- if you will -- IS The Word, is it not?

So anyway, I think what Dotsie is trying to say to you, as is everyone else: the voice of love and support shouting in your ear is GOD. As you head off to see to your son's surgery, the voices may sound like ours

#48703 - 11/13/03 07:32 AM Re: Prayer request for my son
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Hmm. My keyboard locked up there and I had to re-boot the ol' computer to get the use of it back. Guess I was supposed to shut up!

So I'll just let the thought drop.

*'scuse me*

#48704 - 11/14/03 01:51 PM Re: Prayer request for my son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Evie, how's your boy? How are YOU?
Hugs,
Lil

#48705 - 11/14/03 04:21 PM Re: Prayer request for my son
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by garrie keyman:

the voice of love and support shouting in your ear is GOD. As you head off to see to your son's surgery, the voices may sound like ours[/QB]

Garrie, so beautifully written. Love it! [Big Grin] Thanks!

I love the idea of it being God's voice but sounding like ours! Sweet!

#48706 - 11/15/03 08:04 AM Re: Prayer request for my son
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too caught that sentence and thought...wow...that's spiritual poetry in motion. Very lovely thought.

#48707 - 11/15/03 06:05 AM Re: Prayer request for my son
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Garrie
thanks for the wonderful thoughts - yes God uses our voices too [Smile]
thanks everyone for prayers and support - TJ's surgery went well - he had a rough day yesterday, but we are home and aside from some pain, and learning how to get around with a splint from thigh to ankle keeping his leg perfectly straight he is doing good [Smile]
we are tired and happy to be sleeping in our own beds tonight!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved