The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#199158 - 02/05/10 05:24 PM Blizzard Food
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
They aren't calling it a blizzard, but we are expecting to be paralyzed by the storm that's just come to town. We could get two feet. This is huge news in Baltimore where everyone panics and runs to the store for toilet paper, milk and bread, at the near mention of the litte, white stuff.

Who cares about toilet paper, milk and bread? Not me. My daughter and I went to the food store this morning to stock up. We got BBQ chips, Tostitos and salsa, cheese spread and crackers, sugar-free/fat-free ice cream(I know, why bother, but I live with two diabetics), ingredients to make chocolate with peanut butter chip cookies to take to Dad's tonight (trust me, I'll stash some for myself), diet soda, fresh pineapple and strawberries, shrimp, chicken, asparagus, and who knows what else? Holy moly. I'm so glad they're calling for snow.

What would you buy if you were going to be snowed in?

Oh, I also got the book The Wednesday Sisters which I can't wait to read.

#199165 - 02/05/10 08:28 PM Re: Blizzard Food [Re: Dotsie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We keep a stock of non-perishables on hand all the time - cans of soup, fruit, etc. We generally buy extra canned goods when they are on sale and then rotate the stock so it doesn't expire. We have been doing that for a number of years, so if we did get snowed in here (fat chance!!) we would be okay. We do the same thing with dog food. Of course, we have a better chance of running out of water here than we do of being snowed in!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#199180 - 02/05/10 10:03 PM Re: Blizzard Food [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Snow storm is not likely where I am in the desert of Nevada BUT from having lived in Illinois, Indiana and Colorado I learned to always be prepared. I have a cupboard in the utility room filled with all sorts of baking items, my kitchen cabinets are full and so is my refrigerator freezer as well as the big stand alone freezer in another room. I could feed a small army with what I keep on hand all the time. Be prepared thats my motto... Plus I hate grocery shopping so I really stock up ever so often.

I heard about Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey on the weather this morning Dotsie, I thought of you and Nancy and others.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199181 - 02/05/10 10:24 PM Re: Blizzard Food [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Okay for all those who might be snowed in and anyone else that LOVES Chocolate!!!

Layers of LOVE
Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter cut into pieces
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs divided
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup white chocolate morsels
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*F.
Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
Combine flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl.
Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add two eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract, beat well.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Reserve 3/4 cup of batter.
Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan.
Sprinkle nuts and white morsels over batter.
Drizzle caramel topping over top.
Beat remaining eggs and reserved batter in same large bowl until light in color.
Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
Spread evenly over caramel topping.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Cut into squares.

This desert looks gorgeous when done, and if you LOVE chocolate, this is the desert to try.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved