The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#113093 - 03/30/07 03:39 PM Oreo Dessert Balls
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Oreo Dessert Balls

1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
1 package 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 package white almond bark
1 package chocolate almond bark

In a food processor or blender, crush the Oreo cookies. I find it easier to do one sleeve at a time, and then empty the crushed Oreos into another bowl. After all the Oreos are crushed, add the cream cheese to the bowl. Using a mixer or a food processor, mix the cream cheese and Oreos until well blended. It will look like mud….not to worry. This is a little messy, but… just reach in with your hands and shape the Oreo mixture into small walnut size balls. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

Now….you can either coat them all white, or all chocolate, or half and half. I like to do half and half then drizzle some chocolate & white bark over the balls. In a double boiler, or make shift double boiler, melt half the pkg. of chocolate. Using a tooth pick, dip the Oreo ball into the melted chocolate. Set back on cookie sheet, remove tooth pick and continue dipping, or switch and melt some white bark for dipping. Final step,drizzle melted bark over the balls. Chill in refrig. to set the chocolate. Watch these disappear on your holiday trays. These are soooo yummy!!

**On holidays such as Easter and Christmas I like to add color. I melt a little white bark in the microwave in small dishes. I add a speck of food coloring, pastels for Easter, and red and green for Christmas. I spoon this into small snack size zip lock bags; snipping a very, very tiny corner of the baggy off. Squeeze the bag to drizzle over the balls.

#113094 - 03/30/07 04:13 PM Re: Oreo Dessert Balls [Re: Cookie]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cookie...

You might as well get ready to send some to da Queen...they sound scrumptous...hey...you could shape them like eggs...

#113095 - 03/30/07 09:54 PM Re: Oreo Dessert Balls [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Look at my avatar. They are pictures of this dessert. Yum, yum, yum.

Stop it JJ. Stop trying to eat the screen! Back away from the screen!

#113096 - 03/31/07 02:26 AM Re: Oreo Dessert Balls [Re: Anno]
ktri Offline

I've had these at potlucks at work. They are awesome.

#113097 - 03/17/08 11:17 PM Re: Oreo Dessert Balls [Re: ktri]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh good Lord...I have landed in Oreo Heaven....Cookie, I'll be your friendddddd.....whattt?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved