The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#83253 - 07/20/06 02:04 PM Question on Cookware
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I was wondering if anyone has either the Le Creuset or Lodge brand Cast Iron Griddle/Grill combination pan that goes on top of a gas range and covers 2 burners?
I saw one being used on Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals and it looks like something I'd be interested in having.
I just now ordered the Lodge (which is the one she uses on the show) because it was like half the price of the Le Creueset but haven't received it yet and am wondering if I made a mistake.

I guess what I want to know is, Do you really get what you pay for? Or, Are Le Creuset users only paying for the name?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

#83254 - 07/20/06 03:57 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't know but if you can sit thru Rachel Ray's shows, you're a better woman than I am. Her wide mouth and bouncy energy are like fingernails on a chalk board to me. Can I say that? Am I going to get hate mail now? Oh god...should I hide?

Since I only have one eye that works on my stove, I'm not qualified to answer your question. But you know me so you knew that anyway...am I right? LOL!

But get this...I have an extensive cookbook library and could sit and read them all day long. Go figure....

JJ

#83255 - 07/20/06 04:38 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: jawjaw]
TVC15 Offline

I have to admit that although I'm not fond of her bouncy personality at times, she does have some pretty good, very fast and easy recipes and great ideas.
I tried her Jambasta the other night. (jambalaya pasta) My family loved it and it did only take a half an hour to put together from all fresh ingredients.
Any way, I only just started watching her program and she's used that grill/griddle thingy like 3 or 4 times already. So naturally... I now want one... and since I've quit smoking as of July 12th (Dad's birthday) and can justify spending the now-extra cash that I'm saving by not killing myself, I figured what the heck. Of course, because I do everything butt-backwards, I figured I'd do some research on the thing now that I've already purchased it and am waiting for it to arrive.
JJ, you can read her recipes online at the food network site under 30 minute meals. (You may like her personality better that way and you won't see her mouth...LOL)

Edited by TVC15 (07/20/06 04:40 PM)

#83256 - 07/20/06 04:55 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Great idea! First thing I'm going to check out the Jambawhatever thingy...sound delish...And girl...you KNOW I'm patting you on the back for the quit smoking thing. I quit about five years ago and it was one of the best things I've ever done. CONGRATS!

JJ

#83257 - 07/20/06 05:01 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: jawjaw]
TVC15 Offline

Thank you, thank you very much!

#83258 - 12/27/06 07:56 AM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: TVC15]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
I like rachel ray. lol her bouncy personality and all. Lodge brand anything is a good buy. We use Lodge's for all the camping food. and some of the home food. cast iron keeps the heat in it and adds iron to your food. and you can throw it down and it usually will not break.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83259 - 12/27/06 08:04 AM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: JaMaPh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
To me watching Rachel Ray is like someone scrapping fingernails down a chalk board, just plain annoying and she seems to be showing up everywhere....Me, I love Paula Dean and Emeril, oh, and Bobby Flay.

Edited by chatty lady (12/27/06 08:05 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83260 - 12/27/06 12:40 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: chatty lady]
TVC15 Offline

JaMaph,
I went with the Lodge and am very happy!

#83261 - 12/27/06 04:09 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: TVC15]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I am an All Clad fan myself of cookware and have replace a lot of old pieces with and All clad Grill that I just love . Lot of good cookware out there and are expensive .

#83262 - 12/27/06 04:38 PM Re: Question on Cookware [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have an inexpensive version of the griddle that covers two burners. I think I got it at Linens and Things. My son just used it last night to make some tuna. It's great when cooking for crowds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved