The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181010 - 04/28/09 11:11 AM Potatoes
andrewson Offline

Hello guys
What all i can do with potatoes other than chips????
If you have any interesting things to share, then plz let me know

#181014 - 04/28/09 12:25 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: andrewson]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Are you wanting casserole recipes? Or do you prefer baked, fried, boiled? I have a great potato soup recipe that has some cheese in it. It is so good. Let me know if you'd be interested in it. I actually have two. One is a short version, the other one is the long version and to me, better.

#181098 - 04/29/09 09:08 AM Re: Potatoes [Re: jawjaw]
andrewson Offline

Originally Posted By: jawjaw
Are you wanting casserole recipes? Or do you prefer baked, fried, boiled? I have a great potato soup recipe that has some cheese in it. It is so good. Let me know if you'd be interested in it. I actually have two. One is a short version, the other one is the long version and to me, better.

Any thing for that matter smile
plz share soup recipe, i am very eager to know because never tried potato soup!!!!!!!

#181101 - 04/29/09 10:18 AM Re: Potatoes [Re: andrewson]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have lots of potato recipes, and really like potato - leek soup. It's basically 3-4 leeks chopped up (remove the tough green leaf parts), sautee in butter, small potatoes -- the yellow ones are good and I never peel them. Quarter, sautee with the leeks and add chicken broth or stock, salt, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. Then puree all in the Cuisinart.

One of my inventions: red potato salad: boil small red potatoes until soft, quarter and put in a big bowl. Stir in a little balsamic vinegar and let it soak into the potatoes. Add chopped up red onion and red pepper, and a little mayo and salt. My daughters' friends used to crave this -- some of them still do!

rebaked potatoes: first, bake some baking potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise and Scoop out the insides. Press through a potato press (like a giant garlic press) or mash with a masher. Mix in your choice -- cheese, broccoli, etc. etc. into the mashed potatoes, then refill the skins, put in a baking dish, sprinkle with paprika and rebake.

Is that enough for now?

#181122 - 04/29/09 02:19 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: DJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a simple one. Using any kind of potato, cut into bite sizes leaving skin on, toss in olive oil, then add a little bag of the onion soup mix and toss. Bake until soft enough to your liking. Simple and yummy.

#181123 - 04/29/09 02:20 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DJ, your potato salad sounds yummy. I love balsamic vinegar. I'm going to have to try that one.

#181127 - 04/29/09 02:54 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cool! Okay, here's the short version from Mom...

Southern Style Spud Soup

From Mother – 10/07

5 Medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Medium onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
2 cups water
1 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup

In a large pot, cook potatoes, onions, celery, and margarine in water until potatoes are tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and cream of chicken soup. Add more milk or water if thinner soup is desired.

I'll post the long version next

#181128 - 04/29/09 03:05 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I call this the long version because it takes forty forevers to cut up all of those potatoes and to also make a trip BACK to Wal-mart for the extra can of soup you don't have in the cabinet. The can of onion soup can be hard to find, too...so I try to remember to buy more than one when Wally World has it.

Betty Ann’s Potato Soup

6-9 white potatoes, peeled and diced
3 can of chicken broth
2 cans of cream of celery (no water)
2 cans of cream of onion (no water)
1 pint of Half and Half
10 oz. Monterrey Jack and Pepper Cheese

Use a large pot. Cut up potatoes and cover with chicken broth and simmer until potatoes are cooked (about 10 minutes). Add celery and onion soups. Bring to simmer. Add Half and Half; then cut up cheese in small chunks and add it to the mixture. Simmer until cheese melts. Top each bowl with crumbled bacon bits (I use real bacon) and/or chives. Makes enough to feed a small country. I'm not kidding. Be ready to give some to a neighbor that's been mad at you or something. They'll love you for it.

#181285 - 05/02/09 09:51 AM Re: Potatoes [Re: andrewson]
andrewson Offline

Thanks jawjaw, DJ and Dotsie. Recipes which you all shared sounds really interesting. I will definitely try all those.

#181287 - 05/02/09 10:40 AM Re: Potatoes [Re: andrewson]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JJ, A pint of half and half? Oh my! No wonder I like potato soups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved