The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47123 - 07/14/04 02:59 PM Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I'm just curious, have any of you experienced a 'red light' 'green light' kind of message from God?

What I mean is when you're faced with a decsion and seeking God's guidance do you use the 'red light' 'green light' assistance?

I've tried this before several times and when I've received a green light, I felt that God wanted it for me. If it's a red light--"no don't do that," then I dont' and move on.

It seems that when things go smoothly, it's from God and when there are hurdles...it's not from Him but from the dark side.

Just an idea. What do you think?

[ July 15, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Toni ]

#47124 - 07/15/04 05:51 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni: I know the Bible mentions about Gideon and the signals he requested from God. He needed to be sure and requested something very specific as his signal. God gave him the signal he requested. Gideon went on and had a great victory!

I also know of different instances where a believer requested a specific sign from God, before making a decision, and received it [Cool] .

#47125 - 07/15/04 08:04 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Songbird,

Thank you for reminding me of Gideon. I forgot about that.

Of course, guidance and direction was given to Moses, Elijah and others from the Bible.

The Gideon Bibles have done so much good and are a constant reminder of God's purpose and direction.

Thank you, Songbird....

#47126 - 07/19/04 12:21 AM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I only wish I had such clear signals. I am always asking for guidance on decisions, something to point me in the right direction, a hint on whether I'm "hot" or "cold" as I make my move. Like right now, I'm trying to decide on whether I should enter a certification or degree program and if so, which college program? Or will I be loaded myself down with too much if I take classes?

It seems like I have to go ahead and make a decision and if it doesn't work out, well, gee, then that wasn't right.

Actually, there's something right now that I feel directed to do but I really don't think it's something that I'm going to be any good at and I'm afraid I'll be taking on too much but I'm going ahead, a step at a time, and we'll see.

#47127 - 07/19/04 01:51 AM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hello Everyone.

My experiences with signs from God were quite pronounced, at least to me. Long ago, for instance, I silently prayed for God to direct me as to whether or not I ‘needed’ to leave my husband or stay and attempt to work it out. Things were really bad.

It didn’t appear that I was getting answers or answers that I could decipher. Well, I prayed for an actual sign. Within an hour, my husband had lost his mind by pulling a gun to my head, threatening to kill both of us. He said that he could tell that I was leaving him. God’s signal was there so fast that I was almost afraid to react but there was no room not to nor doubt that I had to. As strange as this may sound, I was happy while my husband had the gun to my head. Happy for the sign and I knew that I would be okay. I felt His arms around me.

When I finally talked him out of killing us, I made plans to leave. The very first place I called was located on a street with a biblical name. I had been living in this city forever yet never knew the street existed. The rentals add was not even in the more popular papers one would search to rent. I had never even looked in nor heard of that paper until that day.

I was comforted by the guidance that I was receiving from God while I explained my situation to the potential landlord without hesitation or embarrassment. I was not looking for pity or a hand out. But, the wife was able to see through me. She hugged me and told me that they’d been blessed with that property, now blessed with my children and I as their very first tenants.

This was an elite neighborhood that “I” couldn’t have afforded on my one salary. The landlord even charged less than the fair market value, the one they had listed in the rental add. God had paved my way. Before asking Him for a signal, I was always afraid to leave because of my solo income. I wanted my children in a ‘certain’ environment.

She gave me the keys and told me that she didn’t need to interview the other applicants on the very first visit to see the beautiful place (at that point I was willing to take anything just to get into a safe spot). She said, “There’s something about you. I feel that this is where you belong.” I cried and thanked God. She told me that I could live there the first month free, then start paying ‘on’ my security deposit.

I looked in the classified for some furniture. The very first person I went to sold me a bed, refrigerator and stove and a kitchen table that matched some chairs I’d stored forever, looking for the right table, for only $200 and delivered it. These too were very nice items. There were several more gifts from God during that period.

Yes, He does send signals.

Sheree
[Smile]

#47128 - 07/19/04 04:22 AM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I like the idea of God's signal lights. For me the light is almost always yellow. In almost all situations I have to proceed with caution and with prayer.
The message of the Bible is Love and I believe God loves me as a parent loves a child only more. As my heavenly parent, He wants me to have every desire of my heart except what will harm me.
If I desire something, first I must determine that it is truly a desire of my heart and not of my ego or someone else’s expectation of me. Then knowing it is God's Will I must persevere in my pursuit of it unless it is impossible.
When obstacles appear, as they always do, I know God will help me surmount them if what I want will not harm me. If the obstacle is of God it Might be to help me appreciate the joy of having the desire of my heart more. Or an obstacle could be Satan’s attempt to deprive me of a blessing. If I overcome the obstacle, I believe it was Satan, but if I fail to overcome it, I believe it was a sign from God that what I desired was not his will because it would ultimately have hurt me.

When we are attempting something that is truly our heart’s desire, we shold persevere. God loves us enough to give us the desires of our heart and to make it impossible to have what will hurt us.
I just have to move forward knowing that God loves me and wants me to be happy and that He will protect me from all evil.
smile

[ July 18, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#47129 - 07/19/04 03:17 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

All I can say is "Wow!" What wonderful words of hope and guidance from Agate, sugaree and Smile. Such words of inspiration, I've not seen for awhile.

Agate, your words of 'step at a time' are right on target. If you feel unsure, constant praying and taking a 'step at a time' are the right things to do...(Stay close to God and you won't go wrong..)

Sugaree, what a story of faith and prayer! God is truly listening to you and guiding you, as He does for all His children. This is a wondruous story of God's love and faith. This should be published because it could help so many! Thank you so much for sharing this--I know I will never forget this. I am going to print this off and share it with my husband, if that's alright with you?

Smile, you always have inspiring words. This time the great word you've shared is 'persevere.' God wants us to keep going and He will give us what we need to not only get through a situation but come out on top!

Thank you, Smiles, Agate and Sugaree!

#47130 - 07/19/04 04:23 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, I love your faith and can totally relate to your comments about your heavenly father. I share the same faith and beliefs and feel a connection to you because of that.

In my prayer group we often talk about the relation between His love for us and our love for our children. Talk about amazing grace!

Here's my two cents about signs from God. Whenever I have a big decision to make I go before God and seek his guidance over and over again.

When I make my decision I have peace in knowing it's waht God has called me to do.

If the decision brings peace and comfort I feel blessed.

If the decision brings turmoil and discomfort I know it was God's will for me to experience it and admittedly it's harder, but I still feel blessed because I know it's what my heavenly father wants for me at that time in my life.

How many times have we had to watch our children grow through their choices, good or bad?

#47131 - 07/19/04 04:26 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, Toni. That's fine with me. As I was writing this story of how God wrapped me in His arms, I thought the same thing. That I should cultivate this story then find somewhere to publish it. Like I said, there were many more events that went on during that period that can only be attributed to God.

It sure was nice to visit this forum yesterday to find this kind of inspiration. I didn't attend church yesterday, but, felt like I was still congregating.

Have a blessed day.

#47132 - 07/19/04 06:16 PM Re: Does God send out red or green lights?
Toni Offline

Dotsie,

Those were wonderful words of inspiration and hope. There were blessings in those words this morning. I felt it and Sugaree, did too. Thank you so much for sharing..

I agree with you that when we pray about something in earnest and seek His answer, He will show us what we need to do. Even when the decisions we make take us in a direction that proves to be negative or simply the wrong turn, He will guide, comfort and direct us back on His path.

What really wonderful is that we're never alone--never!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved