The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 214 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#46893 - 06/10/05 06:06 PM Audience of One
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This isn't a Bible verse, but it is related.

The audience of one is a new term for me. I love it so much I wanted to share it.

This was mentioned in a sermon I heard recently and it really hit home.

All we need to concern ourselves with is our audience of one. One being God. No matter what we say, think, or do...the only one we need to entertain is God. We don't need to worry about what anyone else in the world thinks. Our spouses, children, parents, other family members, neighbors, etc. shouldn't matter. If it's right with God, it will be right with them. I feel liberated when I have the presence of mind to live like this.

What do you think?

#46894 - 06/10/05 06:17 PM Re: Audience of One
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Deep down, I agree wholeheartedly, Dotsie. It really ties in with "Seek ye first the kingdom and all things will be added", which seems to be what God has been trying to drill into my head for months now.

Unfortunately, I've learned from experience not to mention this to hubby...as supportive as he is of my faith and every other aspect of my being, deep down, male ego and all, he really wants to be my number one. So he is, but so is God. I know that sounds paradoxical, but I know that God knows that hubby couldn't be "number one" in my heart unless God was number one there first. Does that make sense?

#46895 - 06/10/05 09:39 PM Re: Audience of One
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hello! I wrote a devotional about a year ago called "An Audience of One." I'll put the link to it.

http://devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com/2004/07/audience-of-one.html

Donna

#46896 - 06/11/05 07:16 AM Re: Audience of One
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
audience of One........I need to remember that.

Thanks for the link to the devo, Donna - very nice.

#46897 - 06/12/05 10:42 PM Re: Audience of One
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
You're right, Dots...if we can put our heads on the pillow each night, knowing we've done our best before God and knowing we've put things right with God...an audience of one is all that truly matters. He has our best interest at heart when we put Him first.

#46898 - 06/12/05 11:47 PM Re: Audience of One
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, so is audience of One a term that's been around and I've missed it?

Lovely blog. When are you coming out with a daily devotional? I will be one of your first customers.

#46899 - 06/14/05 11:35 PM Re: Audience of One
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Smile] Dots! I know I read Donna's blog a while ago. Wether it is new or old, I certainly agree that what matters is what God thinks of our lives.

[Cool] I'm also certain that we should live in a way that brings glory to His name.

[Razz] For me the phrase "Audience of One" hits home, because I always say to myself and others that what others think doesn't make me loose any sleep, as long as I am pleasing my Lord.

#46900 - 01/03/06 08:02 AM Re: Audience of One
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, Dotsie! I just saw this and your inquiry about my devos. I'm working on a couple of proposals, and hope to get them to some publishers ASAP. You know better than most what an ordeal that can be! [Big Grin] So I desire your prayers for direction from God, and the wisdom to pursue acceptance from a publisher. Thanks for asking. You keep me motivated. [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved