The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#117532 - 05/07/07 07:55 PM Mother's Day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't like to post things that I can't give the writer credit for, but I researched this and couldn't find the author. If anyone knows the author's name, just let me know. I would LOVE to give them credit for this. Talk about hilarious!

Mother's Day

So, we had this great 10-year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom.

Well, we have 3 kids, and at the time of this story, they were 4, 3, and 1 year old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chapstick. LOVES it. He kept asking to use my chapstick and then losing it. So finally one day, I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chapstick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to, but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.

Last year on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush around and try to get ready for Church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long forgotten that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood. We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car, and I am looking for Eli.

I have searched everywhere and I finally round the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chapstick very carefully to Jack's....... rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped."

Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.

The only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind, or the hundredth.

And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize they've been using your chapstick on the cat's butt.

#117533 - 05/09/07 09:01 PM Re: Mother's Day [Re: jawjaw]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Oh my God! LOL! That is too funny. I would have died.
Laurel

#117534 - 05/09/07 09:06 PM Re: Mother's Day [Re: Laurel]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Too funny...

#117535 - 05/09/07 09:35 PM Re: Mother's Day [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa loved it and lets hope it was at lest the 3rd time it was used lol

#117536 - 05/09/07 10:13 PM Re: Mother's Day [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
eeeewwwww. I am hiding my chapstick from now on!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved