The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85284 - 08/15/06 02:01 PM Can you relate?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
A Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small New England town where Paul Newman and his family often visited.

One Sunday morning, the woman got up early to take a long walk. After a brisk five-mile hike, she decided to treat herself to a double-dip chocolate ice cream cone.

She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor. There was only one other patron in the store: Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee. The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes
made contact with those famous baby-blue eyes. The actor nodded graciously and the star-struck woman smiled demurely. 'Pull yourself together,' she thought. You're a happily married woman with three children; you're forty-five years old, not a teenager!

The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip chocolate ice cream cone in one hand and her change in the other. Then when she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction. When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change - but her other hand was empty.

Where's my ice cream cone? Did I leave it in the store? Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something. But no ice cream cone was in sight.

With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman. His face broke into his familiar warm, friendly grin and he said to the woman, "You put it in your purse."

This made me laugh out loud...and here's why:

I went to the farmer's market in the city early Saturday morning. I picked up corn, tomatoes, peaches, onions, zucchini, cheese, etc.

After paying for the cheese, the lady asked if I wuold like a bag. I said, "no thanks, I'll just put it in one of these others and off I went.

Upon arriving home, I put everything away, then realized...no cheese!

I jumped in the car and returned to the city hoping they had my cheese.

"Excuse me, I was here earlier and bought three blocks of cheese. Do you still have it?"

" We sure do. We thought you'd be back."

And Paul Newman wasn't even in sight!

#85285 - 08/15/06 03:36 PM Re: Can you relate?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What a great story, Dotsie! I'm constantly misplacing things - the classic one is searching for 20 minutes for my sunglasses only to realize they're on my head!

(Maya Angelou)

#85286 - 08/16/06 01:50 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One morning I walked and walked all around the Galleria Mall Shopping Plaza parking lot looking for my car. It was no where to be found. I went to Mall Security and as we were headed out the door once again, my friend Sandy walked up to us and said "where the hell have you been, I've been everywhere looking for you, I came out of the bathroom and you were gone." I somehow, during a Senior moment forgot I rode there with her and we'd stopped in the food court for a snack. When done she went to the bathroom and I spaced out and left looking for my car. Now thats really scary. In my own defense I have to tell you I am a loner and rarely ever go shopping with anyone, old habits die hard and she has yet to let me live that down...Maybe I was thinking about Paul Newman???

Edited by chatty lady (08/16/06 01:51 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85287 - 08/16/06 01:53 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, while I'm really sorry for the frustration you must have felt at the time, your story made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing it!

(Maya Angelou)

#85288 - 08/16/06 04:36 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I always bring at least 3 pens and 2 pairs of reading glasses to craft fairs, because I KNOW I'm going to misplace them, and I don't want to keep customers waiting while I search for a singular pen.

Poet and essayist

#85289 - 08/16/06 08:17 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I find the more issues going on in my life, the more scatter-brained I get. My head is often filled with so many thoughts, that it's no wonder that it sometimes short-circuits.

It seems to happen more frequently, that while I'm doing something, my thoughts are completely somewhere else…for example…I'm thinking of Paul Newman right now…hmmmm

#85290 - 08/16/06 03:55 PM Re: Can you relate? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, I couldn't agree more. I know I've got lots going on and I'm sure that's why I left the cheese. My mind is everywhere, but not on Paul Newman.

Eagle, I've done the sunglass thing too, and there either on my head, or I've hung them in the top of my shirt. What's even worse is when I've announced in front of my kids that I can't find them and they respond in an impatient voice, "Mom, they're on your head!"

Meredith, I'm with you on the reading glasses. This is new to me because I've never worn glasses in my life. And I don't like it one bit.

chatty, I'm also grinning ear to ear from your story.

#85291 - 08/16/06 07:51 PM Re: Can you relate?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ha ha Chatty that's funny. A neighbor of mine went to the post office one day and walked home to find his car missing. He was about to report it stolen until his wife reminded him that he left in it to go to the post office. See, men get it too.
I put a glove on and had the other in the same hand. I was searching for the other one, when my daughter said. "You've got it on Mom!" Sheesh!
Who's Paul Newman? (jk)
luv,
chick

Edited by chickadee (08/16/06 07:52 PM)

#85292 - 08/17/06 05:39 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, I had perfect vision until my mid-40's. It's been downhill ever since!

Come to think about it, that describes a lot of things in my life LOL.

I miss the roll-eyes icon...

Poet and essayist

#85293 - 08/17/06 11:19 AM Re: Can you relate? [Re: meredithbead]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm so glad to hear it's not just me. I put things away (in a safe place) and then can't find them because I can't remember where I hid them. Whenever I'm looking for something now, my husband and my daughter tell me it's in a safe place. I agree with you, Hannelore. We have so much going on and so much going through our minds, I think the little stuff gets lost in the processing.

Louisa

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved