The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84773 - 08/09/06 08:02 AM Senior Golf Logic
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Senior Golf Logic

A foursome of senior golfers hit the course with waning enthusiasm. "These hills are getting steeper as the years go by," one complained.
"These fairways seem to be getting longer too," said one of the others.
"The sand traps seem to be bigger than I remember them too," said the third senior.
After hearing enough from his senior buddies, the oldest and wisest of the four of them, at 87 years old, piped up and said, "Just be thankful we're still on the right side of the grass!"

Would You Marry Again, Scummy? Senior Golf Logic

A husband and wife were golfing when suddenly the woman asked, "Honey, if I died would you get married again?"
The man said, "No dear."
The woman said, "I'm sure you would."
So the man said, "Okay, I would"
Then the woman asked, "Would you let her sleep in our bed?"
And the man replied, "Ya, I guess so."
Then the woman asked, "Would you let her use my golf clubs?"
And the man replied, "No, she's left handed."

#84774 - 08/09/06 12:09 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Love these! I'm sending them to all my golf buddies. I have never understood the power of that game and the draw it has on people. I went ONE TIME and that was with my ex...Noooooobody told me that when the ball is hit into the woods, or next to a tree, they haven't LOST it, and they REALLY don't want you to pick it up and throw it back to them for a do-over. Who knew?

JJ

#84775 - 08/09/06 12:22 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

LOL, did you really throw the ball back JJ? What a scream. I used to play tennis but after a game I actually crawled out of the car. That's so hard on the knees...so, the only alternative was golf. I hated it the first year, but kept it up for Hubby's sake, and now I actually like it. I don't love it...but it's better than no sport. And believe it or not I loose about a pound after every game. It's so much fun gaining it back - between - games.

#84776 - 08/09/06 01:14 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I love golf. Just love it. Once, I accidentally drove over my husband's golf ball with the cart. He just shook his head. I golfed with my son and he hit a drive into the trees so when we went looking for it, we found it next to a dead bird. Yup, he'd killed a bird with it.

My girlfriend and I played all the time and had so much fun and that's probably because we weren't serious golfers. The good ones don't joke around while playing. We would put an angel charm on the cart seat, between us, for good luck and to keep us from swearing. The first bad ball we hit, that charm was useless. The game is addictive.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#84777 - 08/09/06 02:54 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Hey! Your son hit a birdie! Ha ha...For those that don't know; that's a good score in golf jargon. Your right about the addicitve thing, when I haven't played...I miss something. Is there a club near you? We're at our club within a 10 minute drive...Tomorrow we're playing Scramble. Do they call it that in English? Anyway it's nice to meet a fellow golfer. Can you believe that JJ threw the ball back to the players. I'm still laughing about that.

#84778 - 08/09/06 08:37 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, I can believe JJ did that and yes, they call it a scramble here too. No club by us but we're surrounded by courses. We belonged to a club in Ohio and really liked it. I miss that. Great exercise and there is nothing to compare with hitting the ball just right and hearing that "ping." Not that I've experienced it that often!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#84779 - 08/10/06 12:29 AM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You couldn't PAY me to play golf. E-V-E-R!

It was a hot, muggy, typical Alabama day. Even your sweat glands had hired somebody to sweat for um. My hubby (at the time) was to play with his new boss. Wup-dee-do. He wanted me to go to make it look like a family thing. I'm 19. I didn't know much. I'm thinking, "What's the big deal? You hit a few balls, they go thru that windmill thing, badda bing, badda boom, we come back home." So I agreed to go.

Boy was I mistaken. There wasn't one windmill on the place and it looked like acres and acres of nothing but grass with a few liver-shaped sandboxes.

As I said, hot...muggy...and we had to smile. A lot. I finally got tired of them grinning at each other and be OH SOOO nice so I found a tree and stood under it. His BOSS hit a ball and it landed close to my feet. I had heard someone yelling but I was just far enough away that I couldn't understand what he said.

They were both waving their arms at me so I thought they wanted the dang ball. They were trying to get me to watch out. Who knew?

The ball landed very close, as I said. I bent down, picked it up, their arms were waving REALLY BIG TIME by then...

I threw it back. I use to play softball in a league so I had a pretty good arm. It landed right up there by them. At the time I can remember thinking, "ingrates...they're just standing there looking at me. No thank you, nothing."

As a result of my Good Samaratin act, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the car running the air, reading a book. Oh puleaseeeeee....don't throw me in that briar patch! HAHAHAH...what morons.

JJ

#84780 - 08/10/06 07:13 AM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

I can just picture it JJ! You make me laugh tears, honestly. Have you ever thought of making a book with your posts? Oh maaan. Actually I bet you'd be a great golf player. It helps to have a good sense of humour or else you go nuts.

#84781 - 08/10/06 01:23 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh Lordy, JJ. What a story. Can't wait to tell my golfing buddies this one. I'm sure your husband's boss was impressed. Gads. This is too funny.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#84782 - 08/10/06 03:55 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm tellin' ya....it's hard being me. Take any sport and I have a "poofah" story involving moi. With softball, it's actually a "poop-fah" story...ewwwww!

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved