The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45688 - 06/02/05 01:44 AM Why do men...
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
WHY DO MEN PEE STANDING UP??

God was just about done creating man, but he had two things left over in his bag and He couldn't quite decide how to split them between
Adam and Eve. He thought He might just as well ask them.

He told them one of the things He had left was a thing that would allow the owner to pee while standing up. "It's a very handy thing,"
God told them, "and I was wondering if either one of you had a preference for it."

Well, Adam jumped up and down and begged, "Oh, please give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems like just the sort of
thing a man should have. Please! Pleeease! Give it to me!"

On and on he went like an excited little boy. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted it so badly, he could have it. So
God gave Adam the thing that allowed him to pee standing up.

Adam! was so excited he just started whizzing all over the place...first on the side of a rock, then he wrote his name in the sand, and
then he tried to see if he could hit a stump ten feet away - laughing with delight all the while.

God and Eve watched him with amusement and then God said to Eve, "Well, I guess you're kind of stuck with the last thing I have left."

"What's it called?" asked Eve.

"Brains," said God.

#45689 - 06/02/05 05:13 AM Re: Why do men...
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
[Big Grin] Sandra, I learned a very good lesson just now. I should not read your posts while drinking Dr. Pepper - not only was that painful going through my nose, but well, it leaves an interesting mess on my computer screen. [Razz]

#45690 - 06/07/05 02:59 AM Re: Why do men...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm eating pretzels, and thankfully I didn't choke!

Funny one, Sandra [Smile]

#45691 - 06/12/05 10:27 PM Re: Why do men...
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Well Wendy...maybe from now on I'll start with "spew alert!" grin...

Meredithbead...you've been in my thoughts for a couple of weeks now; how are you? In my thoughts though, you're BeadWoman. Isn't it funny how we assign names to folks we know? I think you should trademark the name BeadWoman...the advenstures of BeadWoman...that just sounds SOOO COOL!

#45692 - 06/13/05 04:02 AM Re: Why do men...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
No food disaster for me but still left me laughing till I nearly pee'd my britches...Oh Adam!!!! Me too Meredith, I was wondering about the cactus fiasco and how things are now in your yard, I agree BeadWoman is a great name... [Cool]

#45693 - 06/14/05 07:38 AM Re: Why do men...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was thinking of Meredith's cactus. I have about seven Cacti in my front room and they receive sun most of the day. Several of them have grown about two feet in as many years.

#45694 - 06/13/05 10:58 PM Re: Why do men...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Very funny... [Smile]

#45695 - 06/14/05 06:45 AM Re: Why do men...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks for thinking of me Sandra! I've been working 70-hour weeks since mid-April and have about 3 more to go before I have a breather.

The cactus story:
Neither homeowners nor regular insurance paid for squat, but we're thinking about taking something off on taxes for decrease in property values, or something like that. Didn't have cash to pay for gardening service so we borrowed a chain saw and cut a path through the cactus logs. No one could get into our yard for over a month.

We cleared the path right before my heavy work schedule began, so we cleaned up what could be cleaned, and left the rest. There are cactus logs all over our tiny yard.

Some of the logs have started to grow babies (cactus buds). The main trunk, which we cut down to 2' tall -- and it was still too heavy to move, we could upright it only partially -- and too thick for this particular chain saw to cut further -- is also growing cactus babies.

The bouganvillea bush, which got completely smashed when the cactus fell, has somehow found a way to grow on both sides of the fallen cactus.

The little brown birds, whose nest was squashed when the bush got clobbered -- the birds are back too, although not as many as before.

Life goes on. Nature contines, and new things grow.

#45696 - 06/14/05 06:55 AM Re: Why do men...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Boy isn't it amazing how things work out. If mother nature gets her way, it will probably all turn out to be a blessing.
Maybe nature is building a cactus log cabin addition onto your house. (Hey, it could happen!)
smile

#45697 - 06/14/05 04:50 PM Re: Why do men...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cute story, Thistle. Smile, it's so nice to see you back. Welcome home. I haven't seen Cacti any bigger than a couple of feet high. These sound like monsters, Meredith. Put up a sign. Free to a good home... Cactus babies. Maybe the neighbors would cart them off, or do they have them also?
chick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved