The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#45073 - 07/21/04 09:53 AM No Nursing Home!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
A friend sent this and I thought it was pretty cute.

For all of us who are over 45 years or older -- even those younger than 45 will appreciate the following:

No nursing home for me.

I am checking into the Holiday Inn!
With the average cost for a nursing home per day reaching $188.00, there is a better way when we get old & feeble. I have already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $49.23 per night. That leaves $138.77 a day
for: Breakfast, lunch and dinner in any restaurant I want, or room service. Laundry, gratuities and special TV movies. Plus, they provide swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge, washer, dryer, etc. Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap. They treat you like a customer, not a patient. $5 worth of tips a day will have the entire staff scrambling to help you. There is a city bus stop out front, and seniors ride free. To meet other nice people, call a church bus on Sundays. For a change of scenery, take the airport shuttle
bus and eat at one of the nice restaurants there. While you're at the airport, fly somewhere. Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.
It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take your reservation today. And you are not stuck in one place
forever, you can move from Inn to Inn, or even from city to city. Hawaii? They have a Holiday Inn there too. T.V. broken? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem. They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience. The Inn has a night security person and daily room service. The maid checks to see if you are OK. If not, they will call the
undertaker or an ambulance. If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life. And no worries about visits from family. They will always be glad to find you! and probably check in for a few days
mini-vacation. The grandkids can use the pool. What more can you ask for? So, when I reach the golden age I'll face it with a grin. Just forward all my email to: Me @ Holiday.Inn

#45074 - 07/21/04 02:49 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Very funny! Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for sharing!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#45075 - 07/21/04 03:43 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Not a bad isea. I think I'll tell my dad. [Big Grin] That's great.

#45076 - 07/21/04 05:54 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Cute piece with some real truths here....Unless absolutely necessary for health and financial reasons, a nursing home will be last on the list for me and my husband.

Lord willing, there will be other options available.

#45077 - 07/22/04 02:20 AM Re: No Nursing Home!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow Meridith you make getting old sound like fun. I will remember all this and take advantage of the knowledge....Thanks! [Big Grin]

#45078 - 07/22/04 08:14 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Does this mean Merwyn is OOOOOLLLLDDDD? He has been staying at the Hampton Inn in Birmingham for almost 4 months now. I was supposed to leave on Tuesday to go back with him (I must be OOOLLLDDD also) but I just wasn't up to par yet [Frown] . I did not want to fly and maybe force the congestion into my lungs. I am finally feeling better. I laid around the past two days sleeping and sleeping. Two more days of meds and I will be good as new.

Meredith, tell me which Holiday Inn you choose and maybe we can have rooms nearby. We can have an exercise routine out by the pool. Lift that iced tea, take a sip, lift that iced tea, take a sip. Whew! That's enough exercise for me! hahaha

#45079 - 07/23/04 03:38 AM Re: No Nursing Home!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now you all know why she's call Lalapaloosa. LOL
Soooo funny!! [Wink] [Big Grin]

#45080 - 07/23/04 04:55 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Meredith: I loved it! It's not only funny [Big Grin] , but true!!! Sounds like a great idea for me!!! [Razz] Thanks a bunch for sharing it [Smile] .

#45081 - 07/23/04 05:52 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I love the idea of the Holiday Inn.
It reminded me of a story I wrote about my mom and dad falling in love again in the nursing home. My critique group liked it and I thought I might submit it somewhere.
Does anyone know of a publication that might be interested in an article like that? It's kind of the upside of being in a nursing home.
Just wondered.
smile

#45082 - 07/23/04 06:30 PM Re: No Nursing Home!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smilinize: that should be an interesting article to read! [Smile] Have your parents read it?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved