I have to share this story about my dog Sassie. I do believe my dog is so much smarter than me.

I have one of those retractable leashes that I walk her with. Gives her freedom without really giving it to her. We live upstair in a condo unit, so Sassie likes to run anxiously down the stares usually way ahead of me. With the retractable leash she is down the stairs before I am. One day I hooked Sas on her leash and proceded out the door with my mind being everywhere except where its suppose to. I started down the stairs and the leash was going down with me but this time I was ahead of Sassie. I suddenly stopped and was fixing to fuss at the dog for lollie-gagging around. I looked up the stairs and suddenly realized there was no Sassie. I had shut the door with Sassie on the otherside inside the condo and me on the outside. I opened up that door and that dog was just sitting there patiently waiting for this goof ball master to get out of her stupid stuper. My husband witness this scene and cracked up laughing. He said that she had the most puzzled look on her face. But she patiently sat there until I came to my senses. She's such a lovey.