The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#148965 - 05/20/08 11:18 PM Favorite Grandparent Memory
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, the pot on this contest is now $250.00. We are hosting it with Grand magazine. Anyone interested in entering?

Writing Contest: $250.00 plus!
NEW WRITING CONTEST!

Favorite Grandparent Memory Essay Contest

sponsored by the

National Association of Baby Boomer Women (www.nabbw.com)
and GRAND Magazine (www.grandmagazine.com)

Here's the contest. You have 500 words to tell us your favorite grandparent memory. Knock yourself out. Take us back. Who was there, what were you doing, how old were you, why was the event so special?

Submissions should be written in a Word document and sent as an attachment to contest@nabbw.com with FAVORITE GRANDPARENT MEMORY in the subject line.

Deadline - July 1, 2008

PRIZE MONEY - $250.00 and F-R-E-E membership or renewal in the National Association of Baby Boomer Women. Plus your story will be published in the Our Voices section at www.boomerwomenspeak.com, and in the September-October issue of GRAND magazine.

Please make sure to include your name, email address, and short (no more than 75 words) bio at the top of your entry. Men may also submit! (Should a man win, he can keep the $250.00 and give the free membership to www.nabbw.com to a boomer woman.)

Good luck!

#148966 - 05/27/08 06:28 AM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I'm having a ball with this. Great theme Dotsie!

#148967 - 05/27/08 02:08 PM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Glad to hear it. Three of my grandparents were dead before I was born and the last one died when I was about three so I have no recollections of grandparents. I feel deprived.

#148968 - 05/28/08 08:50 PM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie is it allowed to print a small photo, pertaining to the story, within the essay?

#148969 - 05/28/08 10:47 PM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You can, as long as it's within the Word document.

#148970 - 06/01/08 01:42 AM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I took a shot today all about my mothers mother. She was a wonder to behold. Hard to try to feature her in 500 words because 5 million wouldn't be enough really. Good luck to all who enter.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#148971 - 06/01/08 11:01 PM Re: Favorite Grandparent Memory [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We already have 70 entries and the majority usually come in a couple days before the deadline. This has been a [popular contest.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved