The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#43868 - 08/04/04 07:20 AM songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats...One, two, three, and in no special order. Here are the winners of the July contest:

Ladies, please send me your snail mail addresses so I can get your winnings in the mail.

SONGBIRD!
This forum has helped me by connecting me with other women writers. This is a sort of "lonely' business. To be able to connect with other women and share the ups and downs of writing, along with other aspects of our lives, is of great encouragement. It's great to be able to recieve almost immediate answers to our questions and support each other in our struggles. When I was hurting the most, and did not want to burden my closest friends, my forum friends 'where there' for me and helped me through the turmoil by praying for me, giving advice, reasurring me and even helping me see it all in a different light, when necessary. I've also been able to find more resources and now I have a sense of "belonging" that I didn't have before. So I thank God for this forum and you, Dotsie. It's a blessingto share with other women writers and reach out to and/or minister to them when the moment calls for it. The forum has definitely widened my horizons and reaffirmed me in my commitment to minister to others through the written word, wether it is in English(my 2nd language) or Spanish. Praise the Lord!

SHERRI!
I found Boomer Women Speak quite by accident, dropped in, read what it was all about and knew that it was right for me. I submitted a story for Dotsie's anthology and then started going to the forums. I was welcomed there with such warmth and love, I knew I had found my home. I have shared so much with the group, and I believe that God gave me BWS because he knew I would need the support that all of my friends so lovingly gave. First with my son being shipped off to Iraq, stress of waiting on 2 new grandbabies, and finding out another one will be born in November, then with my husband's mother passing, then, my Dad passing away so suddenly after my visit. There could not be a greater group of women then the ones I have found on BWS. I love the forums, I read them each and every day, I may not respond to each one, but I do read them. The Diet site has been a Godsend as it has helped me to get past the plateau I had been lingering on, and the welcome that I was received when I first joined was over whelming! I love reading the posts, they make my day.

THISTLE!
I really like checking in with the women on the boomer list. Someone always has something sincere or funny or uplifting or thoughtful or thought provoking to say. The boomer list is what I envision a coffee or knitting klatch to be. Someplace I can visit where there's at least one someone who will welcome me and be interested in my life. It's always a place where I can catch up with what's happening in the lives of other boomer women, ask their advice, get their take and even give my advice, comments or opinion. Now I ask you...how great is that!?

There you go. I could do without them mentioning my name, but other than that I think they capture what goes on in our online neighborhood. Thanks to everyone! [Wink]

#43869 - 08/03/04 08:15 PM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Songbird, Sherri, Thistle--congratulations and what great words!

#43870 - 08/03/04 09:31 PM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hey Dotsie,

This is so kind of you. I would love to have a pack of those beautiful note cards! I understand that your son was the photographer and I think he did a super job!

Thanks again, and to all my boomer friends for their love and support.

Sherri

#43871 - 08/03/04 11:01 PM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Congratulations Songbird, Thistle and Sherri,
Enjoyed reading your words.
Maggie

#43872 - 08/03/04 11:12 PM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thanks, Dotsie: All I did was sincerely share my view of this terrific forum! Did I tell you it's addictive too? [Wink]

Congratulations, Sherri and Thistle!

Thanks to you, dear forum friends... You have made it what it is! As long as we remain members, WE ARE ALL WINNERS!

God bless you all!

#43873 - 08/04/04 01:18 AM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Congratulations girls. Beautifully put.
smile

#43874 - 08/04/04 01:34 AM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wonderful words ladies, they deserve to win.

#43875 - 08/04/04 05:32 AM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
Stormy Offline

Loc: Manchester, NH
Congrats, Ladies..

#43876 - 08/04/04 10:16 AM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Heartfelt words from all three of you. [Smile] Congratulations!

#43877 - 08/04/04 05:47 PM Re: songbird, sherri, thistle! Winners
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
oh gurls....thought I had congraduated you all then read this post again and saw that I didn't. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! I agree, you deserved this!

You gurls are awesome!

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved