The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160296 - 09/19/08 08:48 PM Help - My Desk Is A Mess?
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
As I've taken on more and more writing projects over this past year, I have found that I have been inundated with paper. I try to stack it carefully but it seems to multiply over night! Unfortunately, the system I have used for filing and organization for many years is not working when it comes to organizing my writing projects. I would love to hear any tips or ideas that you have found that are particularly helpful. Thanks for sharing.

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#160297 - 09/19/08 09:00 PM Re: Help - My Desk Is A Mess? [Re: savvygrandmother]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
savvy, do you have to print everything? Is it possible to organize your writing on your computer?

If you write for different publications, you might want to establish a folder for each publication with a chart of the articles by month.

What I'm trying to do is print less, organize on the pc and back up the pc.

#160316 - 09/19/08 11:42 PM Re: Help - My Desk Is A Mess? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hey there, sounds like my desk used to look. I had stacks of papers and had to go through three different piles to look for things. Here's what saved the day for me:

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p...es_10051_SEARCH

The key to this rack (I have two) is that it is an INCLINE rack, so your files can be stacked in there and you can see the label on each one. I just file my work and stick it in the rack. One rack is for my current projects. The other rack is for stuff that tends to sit, but I might need. If the papers don't work for either of those things, then I either file it or throw it away.

#160331 - 09/20/08 06:57 AM Re: Help - My Desk Is A Mess? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have the Optimizers™ Clear Jumbo Sorter (which Staples carries, too), although I bought mine at a local office supply. That is for my desktop. On the wall, I have a mesh wire hanging wall file system by Rolodex. The 3-pocket unit comes with hooks so you can hang the system over a door or cubicle side, but I don't use them. I mounted mine directly on the wall --- wish I had two sets, it's so handy. I purchased it at Office Max, but I'm sure Staples and Office Depot carry them, too. I see the mesh office ware everywhere.

#160347 - 09/20/08 08:41 AM Re: Help - My Desk Is A Mess? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My desk has two big file cabinet drawrrs in it so I use them for bills, catalogs etc. Everything in order of use. Then I have a bulletin board above the desk where I hang notes for afghans and ponchos I am working on. I also have a huge closet with shelves where my ghostwriting things are stored. All in all, things are neatly out of sight except my calendar which I live by...I learned when working as an efficiency expert for other companies, that less is better!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160376 - 09/20/08 09:15 PM Re: Help - My Desk Is A Mess? [Re: savvygrandmother]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Great Ideas! I really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks a ton. I am now on the case. Am researching your ideas as we speak. In answer to the question do I have to print a copy of everything, the answer is yes. I have a trust issue with the computer. Maybe in time I will trust it more, but until that day, it's paper copy of everything. I am a touchy-feeling person. I like to be able to get my hands on it,(literally)

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved