The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#90709 - 10/04/06 11:44 AM Book Crossing Anyone?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I had heard of this concept, but never investigated it until this morning. I went to this site: http://www.bookcrossing.com/home and registered a copy of my book with the intention of "releasing it into the wild" later this afternoon. Has anyone else ever done something like this? I love the idea...it will be interesting to see how far Eagle flies!

(Maya Angelou)

#90710 - 10/04/06 02:57 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I had not heard of this until you mentioned it. Interesting concept.

#90711 - 10/04/06 03:04 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This would work for me since I travel so much. Leave a copy of my book on the seat when I leave and let The Universe put it in the hands of one who needs it.

I read that when you board a plane, you should have the flight attendant give a copy of your book to the captain so I tried this once. He actually came back to my seat and asked me to autograph it because he had a friend who was involved in an abusive relationship and he wanted her to read it. Divine Intervention.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90712 - 10/04/06 03:15 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

It would never occur to me to give a copy to the flight captain. Several of our friends in Cuba desperately want copies, even though they don't read English very well. I try to bring two or three down each trip, but with the new weight restrictions, it might not be possible to bring more than one at a time. I'll try to remember to bring one along to give to the plane pilot.

(Maya Angelou)

#90713 - 10/04/06 03:24 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I joined Book Crossing ages ago and have "released" a number of books. It's fun to see where they wind up. It's a great idea!

#90714 - 10/04/06 07:12 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Eagle Heart Offline

I don't know if I "released" mine well today. It was my first releasing and being shy, I felt rather self-conscious about it. I left it in an enormous, almost-empty waiting area at the hospital by picking up a few magazines, pretending to flip through them and then leaving the book tucked in amongst the magazines when I put them back down. There was only one other person in the area at the time and I had my back to him so I didn't think he was watching or interested. But by the time I got to the other end of the area (where my brother was waiting for blood tests), the gentleman had already walked over to the table and found my book and was sitting there looking into it! I was too far away to see his reaction but he seemed to actually be reading it. It gave me a thrill to think of one of my Eagles out there in infinite randomness like that!

(Maya Angelou)

#90715 - 10/04/06 08:30 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You're so cute, Eagle. Nervous about leaving your book there. I'm laughing as I write this!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90716 - 10/04/06 09:11 PM Re: Book Crossing Anyone? [Re: Dianne]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Sounds to me like you definitely met your goal with the released book at the hospital.....I did the same thing at the hospital I go to every week. I also donated copies of my books to the Infusion Center so that chemo patients might enjoy them while they are getting their treatments.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved