The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#41287 - 11/28/05 07:13 AM I am thinking of becoming a writer
MyangelinheavenEVE Offline

Loc: Sweetwater,TN
I like this section because I am thinking of writing Christian Children books/Children Books and Novels. I don't have good enough Grammer but, I have some tools that will help me. I wanna know what and how to get started because, I need a career that is sucessful and I don't have money to go back to school. Which I am in for something else but, can't continue [Roll Eyes]

#41288 - 11/29/05 08:11 AM Re: I am thinking of becoming a writer
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'd say your first step is to start writing, Myangel. Everthing will fall into place when needed. We have a critique group here on the site that you could join. I joined and learned many ideas about writing. I even critiqued a few stories. I'd say "Start writing and worry about the rest later." Plant the seed, nurture it and let it grow.

Tell us a little more about what you have in mind.
chick

#41289 - 01/04/06 09:55 AM Re: I am thinking of becoming a writer
Vi Offline

Some things to remember as you enter the writing field - it takes time to develop the craft of writing, time to learn to write an effective query letter and time to find the right publisher/publishers and to start making money. Persistence is key. Once you make your decision to do it, don't let anyone or anything keep you from doing it. The only failure is in giving up.

Love and light to you as you pursue your goal.

Vi

#41290 - 01/07/06 02:14 AM Re: I am thinking of becoming a writer
author from Maine Offline

Step number one--write, write, write, and don't stop. But you need the skills to succeed. If you don't understand the rules of grammar, then either find someone who does to help you, sign up for an online course or high school course, or check a book out of your library.

Good luck,

Diane

#41291 - 01/07/06 02:55 AM Re: I am thinking of becoming a writer
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I agree with all of the above.
If you want to be a writer, you have to write a lot!
There are some great free newsletters you can sign up for also.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved