The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#39836 - 02/07/05 03:04 AM New Book!
Peg Offline

Loc: California
Hello lovely ladies! First of all, I would like to thank any and all of you for your on-going support and advice regarding my book. I truly appreciate it. Now...my book is scheduled to be released this spring! I'm so excited! Formally entited "The Guides...A True Story of One Woman's Daily Journey to the Other Side", now titled, "The Self-Full Life...A True Story that will Help Your Soul Remember". Taking lots of advice, I am working with iUniverse and Coffee and Scones Literary (my company) and I'm thrilled and very pleased with the outcome. A new website will be launched in about a month and then I'll be off and running with PR/Marketing. I'm now looking to book radio spots and speaking engagements, any suggestions? I'd love your feedback!! Thanks so much! Peg Abernathy

#39837 - 02/07/05 03:25 AM Re: New Book!
Kristie Leigh Maguire Offline

Loc: Nevada
Congratulations on the upcoming release of your book, Peg. I am new here but I saw your post and wanted to congratulate you.

I am one of the writers in an anthology, Romancing the Soul, which was edited and compiled by Dorothy Thompson and released a few months back by Zumalaya.

Have you bought Carolyn Howard-Johnson's book, "The Frugal Book Promoter: How to Do What Your Publisher Won't"? I understand she was a guest here at Boomers a while back. I am the publisher of her book and can guarantee you that is full of information on promotion.

#39838 - 02/07/05 09:01 AM Re: New Book!
Peg Offline

Hi Kristie...thanks for the info on the book. I will check it out. any ideas on speakers and how to get booked?

Peg

#39839 - 02/07/05 09:50 PM Re: New Book!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Congratulations, Peg. Wishing you lots of success with your book!

#39840 - 02/07/05 09:51 PM Re: New Book!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations Peg!
Keep us posted. I agree about getting that book!

#39841 - 02/08/05 01:40 AM Re: New Book!
Kristie Leigh Maguire Offline

Loc: Nevada
Peg, Carolyn's Frugal book has a section in it on TV and radio appearances, etc.

It is available as both print and ebook formats. Go to the Star site and look at the top under Catalogue Page, then click on the cover of Frugal to see complete info and ordering info.
http://starpublish.com

I also have a Recommended Reading Page at the Star site that may be of interest to you. Several good articles and links to some review and other interesting sites.

#39842 - 02/08/05 03:03 AM Re: New Book!
Peg Offline

Thanks so much for the continuing encouragement and feedback..I will certainly keep you all posted on the upcoming release date..

thank you!

#39843 - 02/08/05 03:29 AM Re: New Book!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Try looking at this article about marketing tips. It's a good one. I got permission from fictionfactor to put the link here.

http://www.fictionfactor.com/articles/top20.html

You'll notice Carolyn has a tip on the list.

[Wink]

#39844 - 02/28/05 06:38 AM Re: New Book!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Peg,

Best of luck with your new book. That's so exciting.

I will be really interested to know how you like working with iUniverse because I was considering working with them. I was particularly interested in their editorial review. Have you gone through that already? What kind of advice did they give you?

Best, Sigrid

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved