The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 30 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#39958 - 02/23/05 08:17 AM Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
If you get a chance, stop by at SIL and check out Eveline's article on Backyard Missions - complete with pics. Neat story and neat idea. Thanks for sharing Evie.

Backyard Missions

#39959 - 02/23/05 05:23 PM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
It's a wonderful story...our Evie is such a great storyteller!

#39960 - 02/23/05 05:59 PM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
thanks Pam and Dian [Smile]

Ladies if you are stopping by SIL make sure to check out the "Featured Poet" section as well - our very own Songbird (Rhodi) is this week's poet!!!

#39961 - 02/23/05 09:38 PM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Evie,
Great article. I realized the other day when doing my morning bible study that I was a missionary. I am not able because of having a preschooler at home to go out and do things like you have done but through my writing and submitting my work I am spreading God's message also. God gives us many different situations and opportunities to be missionaries and I am so happy that you have found one of yours and that I have found mine at this time of my life. I'm sure as time goes on and my child grows I will find other opportunities. For today though I am thankful for the one that I have.

Angel

#39962 - 02/24/05 05:11 AM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I read your article and also Rhodi's poem. I am very proud of both of you!! Keep it up!!

#39963 - 02/24/05 08:28 AM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Thanks Evie for posting Rhodi's info - don't forget to read the Psst! Meet the Poet part - fascinating interview by Sharina Smith with Rhodi.

#39964 - 02/24/05 10:49 PM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Evie, loved your article. Did you take the pictures too? Did you know you were going to write about being a missionary when you signed up? Just curious becasue it was a perfect article for that site.

I wished you lived closer. BWS is doing an all women's build for Habitat for Humanity. I can't wait.

#39965 - 02/25/05 01:29 AM Re: Backyard Missions by Eveline Maedel
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Dotsie - the pictures were supplied to me courtesy of MEMO. I signed up because it was something I was interested in and wanted to know. The article came about after my experience, when I felt I had to write about [Smile]

I wished I was closer too - I had signed up this summerfor a Habitat build but nothing came from it - it was through a volunteer group through my work and I guess they only did one build in a different city. Anyway, this summer I'm going to try and connect directly with Habitat for a build near here! I would love to do the BWS build though - it would be a blast!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved