The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#37516 - 01/29/04 06:38 PM One year anniversary
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I just celebrated my first year anniversary as a writer. I officially started in January 2003 when, on a whim, I turned an article in to a magazine. They liked it and published it. Now I realize how blessed I was! [Smile]

I've had a wonderful time this past year. I've met so many great people, and have had a few things published, too!

I do want to glorify God - whatever I write - but in the children's genre, I have so much fun with every day topics. I have a poem coming out next month about a kid who doesn't want to brush his teeth. I'll post the link when it's up.

I write something, let it rest (if there's time) and then I print it out, take it down to the family room, and tear it apart, and put it back together again. Rarely are my thoughts linear enough to make sense, so I have to do that. I love doing that! The exception is when the Lord gives me something to write - then my thoughts have clarity and purpose. But most of the time, there's a lot of editing going on! It's like putting a puzzle together.

Of course, I'm sure everyone agrees that rejection is the least favorite part of writing for publication.

How long have you been writing? And what is your favorite part of writing?

Donna

#37517 - 01/30/04 12:42 AM Re: One year anniversary
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I honestly think I could talk about writing until the cows come home...I love to write, but even more I love to see someone laugh out loud at something I have composed. Is there a bigger thrill? Not for me!

I started writing last May, submitted a piece and was accepted by the first editor I submitted to. They ask me to write again, I did. Then they just started writing and saying "here's the deadline for next month." I actually had to write to them and say, "uh...am I a regular now?" Then when I saw how much I loved it, I started writing a piece a day on my lunch hour. It just flowed. I started submitting all over the internet and even threatened some editors with visits from Bubba and Earl if they didn't buy my articles. Apparently they know, or have heard of them, because they did. It will be a year in May and I can honestly tell you that as of this week, I own three rejections...

oh and it is by the grace of God that I write.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved