The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#37245 - 09/19/03 04:22 PM How to Keep a Spiritual Journal
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Just got this book "How to Keep a Spiritual Journal" by Ron Klug. It's awesome! Lots of good advice on journal writing, and how to mine your journal for writing projects.

I'm a sporadic journal keeper at best. My current journal is a big, hardbound book with blank pages - I can paste in emails (cause sometimes thats when I'm the most brilliant [Big Grin] ) and notes and pictures - whatever.

Last night I was reading through one of my journals from 1995 and I came across a passage that stunned me. I had written about how much I wanted to write - and how I was dreaming of a "sometime in the future" when my kids would be older, I'd have a computer, more free time, I'd take a writing course and I'd just write, write, write. Eight years later and most of that has come to pass - everything except the "more free time" [Razz]

#37246 - 09/19/03 04:30 PM Re: How to Keep a Spiritual Journal
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
that sounds like a good book. I will look for it this weekend. I have always wanted to keep one. My mother always has and it has been fun to look back at her old ones and read a few pages.

#37247 - 09/22/03 04:35 PM Re: How to Keep a Spiritual Journal
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This post reminds me of my mom. When she died we went through all of her belongings and very easily divided things among family members. One of the only things still at Dad's house that we have done nothing about are her journals. Who gets them? We can't decide...

Her journals were more like a calendar of what everyone in the family was doing. She didn't really write about her life. I wish she had. There's so much I would love to know that I can no longer ask her.

#37248 - 09/22/03 05:11 PM Re: How to Keep a Spiritual Journal
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I was reading through some of my older journals on the weekend - if my kids ever read them when I'm gone I'm not sure what they'll think - I noticed that most of my entries I was tired, I was cranky, I was unhappy with work, etc. I was mad at my hubby - of course, all those entries were when my kids were little, my job was really stressful and our marriage was going through the usual ups and downs....

I would hope that my kids would continue to read on, to journal entries of the last couple of years were I'm much more settled career wise, emotionally, a lot happier - and most of my journals now deal with my writing and my spiritual life..... [Smile]

#37249 - 09/22/03 05:19 PM Re: How to Keep a Spiritual Journal
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Evie,
Who we were and who we are will shine through. I think it will be a tribute to you if they read your story and see all the emotions, as well as the growth, spiritual and otherwise. I wouldn't want my children to just see the good side of me, I want them to see the whole package.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved