The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#109744 - 03/03/07 02:01 AM Looking for a special baby book-please HELP!
Pam R. Offline

I have been online to Amazon, bookstores, checked the author, title and publisher with no luck. This is an old baby journal album for newly adopted children. A friend has one from many years ago. I would love to buy it for a gal I work with who just adopted a baby girl. The name of the book is ALL ABOUT YOU, written by Marion MacLeod. The publisher is C.R. Gibson. I have tried everywhere including Ebay and Googleing. If anyone has heard of this book, please let me know. It would be the perfect gift for this family. Thanks!

#109745 - 03/03/07 04:46 AM Re: Looking for a special baby book-please HELP! [Re: Pam R.]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Pam, Wow, a 1959 out of print book.

Here's what I found out. The Publisher C.R.Gibson sold out to Thomas Nelson, Inc.,a few years ago. They don't have the book.

None of the out of print sites have it.

It is in only 3 libraries worldwide and you probably couldn't buy it outright.

University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 27514 United States

2. UCLA Library Los Angeles, CA 90024 United States

3. University of Hong Kong Library Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Book
I put requests in all over the out of print sites, so if it shows up, you'll be the second to know.

I don't know if you'd be interested in a new book along the same lines if indeed one exists.

Good Luck.

chick

#109746 - 03/03/07 03:07 PM Re: Looking for a special baby book-please HELP! [Re: chickadee]
Pam R. Offline

Thank you soooo much Chick for all your research. You certainly got further than I did! Wow, I didn't know it was from 1959! The person I know who bought it, got it in 1973. Oh well, I guess I am out of luck. But yes, I would be willing to purchase another on the same lines, if possible. I will try to look further. Sometimes simply stopping in Barnes & Noble in person might help. The sales people are quite helpful. Thanks so much again Chick, you saved me a ton of time!

#109747 - 03/03/07 03:40 PM Re: Looking for a special baby book-please HELP! [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

EChick to the rescue!

#109749 - 03/03/07 09:19 PM Re: Looking for a special baby book-please HELP! [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Brenda, to find a copy of a book that is no longer in print, Nelson's website (now a christian book and bible publisher in Nashville,TN)directs you to a series of out of print search websites. I checked them all, came up empty but left an email for notification if it shows up.

That's a good suggestion to call the company about a back list. Pam, the number is(800) 441-0511. Good Luck and hope you find it.

chick

#109750 - 03/03/07 11:04 PM Re: Looking for a special baby book-please HELP! [Re: chickadee]
Pam R. Offline

Thank you both for all your work, I will certainly try that number. Now I REALLY, REALLY want to get hold of this book! It will be a treasure for sure!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved