The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#86805 - 08/31/06 01:38 PM Opportunities
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
I thought I would share these writing opportunities with "you all" (Said with Southern accent, reallll slow). I am not responsible for any of these leads so please do not write to me about them. I'm just passing them on. I hope they work for you!

1. LOOKING FOR STORIES OF MEN WHO HAVE SUFFERED FROM CLINICAL DEPRESSION.

What was your experience like, who helped you, what medications did you take, what changes did you make in your life to prevent a relapse? How did it affect your family? Scott Forbes scott.forbes@sympatico.ca

2. STORIES ABOUT HOMEWORK. Send positive and negative stories about how homework has affected your children and family to vera@readingwings.com --Vera Goodman,http://www.readingwings.com

3. RETIREMENT EXPERIENCES: What went right with your (or

spouse/friend/acquaintance) retirement? What went wrong? What activities were most fulfilling? How can we get more retired executives, professionals involved in productive volunteer activities?

-- Bruce Juell, 3rd Age Press, (310) 408-6427, bruce@Retirement-Activities.com

4. Wanted: HUMOROUS STORIES OF VACATIONS GONE BAD.

--Frances Altman, lasthurrahpress@yahoo.com

5. Personal stories wanted on DEPRESSION & ANXIETY DISORDERS:

Need people over 18 to be profiled and/or interviewed in book on depression and anxiety disorders. If you live with clinical depression, panic attacks, generalized or social anxiety, OCD, AD/HD, PTSD, phobias or other related disorders, please write Carol for more information:

writefaceforward@yahoo.com Previous book (in similar format) can be reviewed at:www.writefaceforward.com

6. SEEKING CHILD ACTOR STORIES. I'm looking for first-hand experiences of children who were scammed or treated poorly by casting agencies, production studios, assistant directors, etc., or their parents'

experiences while trying to manage the child's acting career. Jo Kelly, author of "The Truth about being an Extra/How to Become a Good Background Actor.

Jkelly1985@verizon.net.

7. SPIRITUAL PARENTING FOR SENSITIVE CHILDREN: Whether indigo, star child, crystal, gifted or normal, all children have intuitive gifts despite labels.

And about 1/4 of all children are intuitive, maintain their connection to spirit, and may be sensitive (overly?) to feelings and their environment.

Looking for parent's and\or teen's stories about growing up, adjusting, and having resilience as a sensitive person. How to manage mind-body-soul-emotional-social energies in real life.

--Caron Goode, Ed.D. caronbgoode@earthlink.net, 254-694-6598http://WWW.InspiredParenting.net.

8. Please send helpful hints and good TIPS FOR BEING WITH TODDLERS. I'm collecting them for the next book in the What Haven't They Told Me?

series. This one will be Practical Tips for Surviving and Thriving During the Toddler Years. Check out my website atwww.offramppublishing.com.

Please include your first name, the state in which you live, the first names of your children and grandchildren and their ages. I give credit in the book to each contributor in this format: Lorraine in California, mother of Emily (2). You will receive a complimentary copy if your tip is included.

--Lorraine, offramppublishing@hotmail.com.

9. DID YOU GROW UP IN A "PERFECT" FAMILY THAT WASN'T? Everything looked right, looked good on the surface, but what was really going on created a lot of unhappiness. Or, did you grow up in a family that wasn't "traditional" yet provided you with support, love and the inner security you needed to truly flourish in life.

Please send along your anonymous stories to be included in my columns and book on family life.

--Michelle Deen, (805) 456-2707, mmdeen@cox.net

10. Love at first workout! Seeking stories of COUPLES WHO MET WHILE ENGAGING IN SPORTS OR EXERCISE OR OTHER PHYSICAL EXERTION. e.g. Playing on a softball team, hammering on a roof at Habitat for Humanity, sun saluting during yoga class at the gym…. Whether it was just flirting or turned into real romance, tell me about the setting, activity level, attraction and ultimate outcome. Was his or her "sportiness" enticing?

Was he/she sweaty and clumsy but it made him/her all the more attractive?

--l cheryl@mcphilimy.com

11. SEEKING BABYSITTING STORIES. Looking for stories related to babysitting -- from amusing to tragic and everything in-between. From the perspective of the babysitter or the parents. Babysitting tips, rules, and/or procedures also welcome. Thank you very much for your time.

Rene Parsons, srenemail2@cs.com

12. TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN. Looking for personal stories and tips for traveling with children of all ages. What are some preparation strategies, activities on the road, routines, or tips that you have found successful when you travel with children (younger and older)? How do you keep teenagers engaged and entertained? What would you NEVER do again when traveling with kids? What do you wish you had done better to prepare you and your family for a trip to a new place? Is there anything you wanted but couldn’t find to help prepare? Anecdotes, funny stories, cautionary tales, tips, resources heartily welcomed. Many thanks.

--LPC, texboulder@earthlink.net

13. I need STORIES ABOUT PROBLEMS STUDENTS HAVE OR HAVE HAD ATTENDING A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY. I am especially interested in stories that are funny or that deal with the kind of problems that are not usually addressed, or adequately addressed, by college counselors or other college resources.

Problems about mean professors, bad roommates, picking the wrong major, developing study self-discipline are welcome as well as other problems a student could have.

lauriejane@mindspring.com

14. I want to list my survey on the "BOOMERS" FINDING WORK for a book I'm writing on the subject. No names will be used, just the experiences.

-- Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A., doitnow@nwinfo.net

15. "Need to hear from MEN/WOMEN, AGE BRACKET 20-50, WHO HAVE A STEADY MATE BUT STILL ENCOURAGE ADDITIONAL RELATIONSHIPS. Your reasons for doing so? Would you like to tell your story or answer a short questionnaire?

Survey is purely investigative at this stage. Confidentiality guaranteed.

Send replies to Nayri@aol.com

16. I am putting together a book "A Caregiver’s Journal". I am looking for contributors to share exerpts, Q&A, journals, and CAREGIVER TIPS. I am specifically interested in caring for a spouse or other family members suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer diseases. If you are interested, contact me at: richard330@yahoo.com

17. Wanted: Interviews with NEW ORLEANS VICTIMS OF HURRICANE KATRINA WHO STAYED AND PROTECTED THEIR PROPERTY WITH A GUN, had a gun confiscated by NOPD, has a survival story, or a story including the use of a gun during the weeks post-hurricane. If you will give an interview, please email Gordon at gunsafeofla@cox.net

18. I am writing a BOOK ON INTEGRITY. I have plenty to say but I need your stories to flesh it out. Any contributions you can submit from your life or someone else’s (names will be changed) would be greatly appreciated.

Incidents when honesty made a difference, character holding up in a life-trial, maybe when someone chose truth even though it cost them greatly. Please send them to stevengalindo@yahoo.com. Thanks! Of course, I will credit you when I am published.

19. I'm writing a book titled, WHAT SHOULD I SAY? FINDING THE RIGHT WORDS FOR LIFE'S STICKIEST, TRICKIEST, MOST UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATIONS. I want to include as many "real life" situations as I can. What sticky, tricky, uncomfortable situation were you in, where you said the absolute right, or absolute wrong thing? What is the worst/most comforting thing someone said to you? What is the situation in which you STILL wonder what the perfect words would have been? Please send your anecdote to homemom@megavision.com or fill out the questionnaire atwww.homeiswherethemomis.com. THANKS to everyone who takes the time to contribute! Shelly Burke, RN, Shelmar Publications

20. Looking for your "PAY IT FORWARD" STORIES! Something that you have done or had done for you that was done without the expectation of 'paying them back' but rather paying it forward to help someone else. In a 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' kind of format tell me about your story!

Thanks! Stephanie, Littleton, CO

--stephricker@comcast.net

21. I am conducting a short online SURVEY OF HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS to gauge what problems they are experiencing inside and outside of their school environment. It will take only one minute to complete.

If you are a student, or know any who would be interested in completing this anonymous survey, the link is:http://www.Unleashing.INFO

22. A NEW BOOK FOR WOMEN which will help them define their purpose, rekindle passion and gain power. Looking for stories on achieving goals, visualization, commitment, overcoming fear, problem solving and decision making. Happy to have stories from men as well as women. Am particularly interested in humorous events. You can send your stories to judimoreo@yahoo.com.

--Judi Moreo, President, Turning Point International, (702)896-2228

#86806 - 08/31/06 02:18 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: jawjaw]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Am I allowed to share these with others, JJ? I have my CNBC group where many would love to have their voices heard.

Thanks!

#86807 - 08/31/06 07:53 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You certainly are! I wouldn't post something on here that wasn't for public consumption. Help yourself!

JJ

#86808 - 08/31/06 08:02 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
OMG, I got to quit my job and delve into this. Thanks JJ.

#86809 - 08/31/06 10:26 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
Make sure that you copy and paste the link. Don't pick up the "period" at the end or it will be invalid!

Hugs, JJ

#86810 - 09/01/06 03:05 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There just aren't enough hours in the day!

#86811 - 09/01/06 09:33 PM Re: Opportunities
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was thinking just that same thought Dotsie, while going through the post from JJ. Besides trying to be in the forum long enough to post and check for old covered up posts with no replys, and new bad posts, I have two new manuscripts in house to edit, not to mention eat and sleep. SLEEP, hummm, whats that, I barely remember what a good sleep feels like.
Mother always says: "no rest for the wicked." Alas she must be right, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!! Bad Chatty, bad!

Edited by chatty lady (09/01/06 09:34 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#86812 - 09/01/06 09:47 PM Re: Opportunities [Re: chatty lady]
positiveliving Offline

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
Hi JJ

Thanks for those!

'because life is not about the challenge' ?
www.positivelivingprogramme.com

#86813 - 09/02/06 08:40 AM Re: Opportunities [Re: positiveliving]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
JJ, thank you so much! This is awesome!

Cindy

#86814 - 09/02/06 11:42 AM Re: Opportunities [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
All the writers in here should challenge ourselves to submitting to at least one or two of these calls. Has anyone submitted anything yet?

Don't forget to read about the September Writing Contest at BWS on our home page!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved