The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40547 - 05/30/05 05:42 AM Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Holy smoke - I checked my Amazon rating on .ca, which is always lousy and found these great results tonight. I have no idea why!! I didn't do any promotion on this book cuz I've been promoting my other book! But, hey, who's complaining ;-) Sigrid

GETTING HIP: Recovery from a Total Hip Replacement by Sigrid Macdonald

Paperback - 160 pages (November 2004)
Language: English
Authorhouse ISBN: 1418478377

Amazon.ca Sales Rank 2,981

#40548 - 05/31/05 07:41 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sigrid, congrats. Didn't you do some television gig recently? Maybe everyone listening ran to their computers and ordered off Amazon. How can you learn how many books you've sold on Amazon, and when, and from whom do you get your check?

#40549 - 05/31/05 03:23 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Thanks so much :-) No, I haven't been on TV since April. Who are these delayed buyers?

At the end of every quarter, AuthorHouse tells me exactly how many books I've sold on the retail stores online versus how many I've sold on their web site. They pay me a check. Lulu will be doing the same thing.

Meanwhile, I can take a wild guess at my sales by watching my Amazon rating. Are you on Amazon? Can't remember your exact publishing history at this moment -- brain damage :-)

Sigrid

#40550 - 05/31/05 11:33 PM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
maryanne stahl Offline

Loc: Savannah
Congrats!

#40551 - 05/31/05 11:38 PM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Thanks, Maryanne. Took a lot of time and work to do the promoting but it's paying off :-)

Sigrid

#40552 - 06/01/05 04:09 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
55,943. Hi Sigrid. I went to your book on Amazon to see if you had the "Search Inside" feature. You do. I saw that number for sales rank. Is that the number you look at? Mine is 653,000! Did you see my post from Authorhouse? Anyway, I had signed up for the Search Inside feature over a year ago. Their scanning equipment read characters wrong, so what showed up on the site was "Beyond the Tears: A Trite Survivor's Story." Well, I can't have that! There is nothing trite about my book! Have you noticed any typos when you view your search inside feature? Maybe I should try again? Please let me know what you think. Oh, and way to go girlfriend! Love and Light, Lynn

#40553 - 06/01/05 06:00 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Lynn, You checked the American site. The awesome numbers were on the Canadian site. That's where I was ranked 2981.

LOL regarding your trite story. Oh, that's too funny except that if it had been me, I would not have been laughing. Why did AuthorHouse do the scanning? I sent my book directly to Amazon and they scanned it. All of the text copied correctly. I checked it.

It costs a little money but I would definitely send Amazon the book yourself. They will not screw it up.

Picturing you healthy and wealthy :-) Speaking of wealthy, I have been hired as a book coach and a book editor by a local publishing firm! Very exciting. My health is poor and the work is mentally taxing, but I do enjoy it very much. Also ir's on a consultant basis so I can do as much or as little as I want. Perfect, huh?

No more time to read the forums though.

Love, S.

#40555 - 06/02/05 01:26 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Sigrid, no, Amazon did the scanning! It was awful! I was soo disappointed. That's so great you got a job with a publishing firm! Hey girlfriend you ROCK! I just got another royalty check from Authorhouse which is for the first quarter. What do you mean you won't have time for us anymore? I tried to stay away, and it lasted only a day or two. Love and Light, Lynn

#40556 - 06/02/05 02:30 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Hi Sigrid...I haven't a clue what you mean but I'm happy with you and for you!

Go girl Go!

#40557 - 06/02/05 03:39 AM Re: Amazon rating of 2,981!!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Brenda,

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm about my rating and for your suggestion about the Writers Digest Contest. I checked it out and the deadline was May 31! Bummer. But I subscribed to their newsletter and I will be sure to submit both of my books to next year's competition.

Would you be interested in receiving a free e-book of D'Amour Road? I offered one to Dotsie but she declined. Personally, I hate reading e-books but I don't mind skimming them. I would just love to get some feedback from the Boomer women. I can also send you the "clean" version, which doesn't have any swear words. Let me know. No pressure. I know that we're all buried in paperwork.

Blessings, Sigrid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved