The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#38198 - 08/07/04 03:54 AM Hmmmm...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Received an email regarding appearing on Oprah. Problem is, I have signed an agreement with Montel Williams to not appear on another tv show for a certain period of time before his airs. Still don't have the air date either.

As always, it will work out if it's supposed to.

#38199 - 08/07/04 04:42 AM Re: Hmmmm...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
GIRL! Oprah wants you to appear on her show? And you have already been taped with Montel? What the heck for?

JJ

#38200 - 08/07/04 06:37 AM Re: Hmmmm...
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Heck YEAH!! I want to know why you're appearing. Give us the scoop.

Kate

#38201 - 08/07/04 02:00 PM Re: Hmmmm...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne,
I brought this back up so you could share with everyone this fantastic news! Now spill your guts woman! We want to know...this is for???
[Big Grin]

JJ

#38202 - 08/07/04 04:44 PM Re: Hmmmm...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Montel? Oprah? You're throwing those names around like I say Dotsie and JawJaw - my big celebrity friends. [Big Grin]

Details, girl. We're dying here...

Donna

#38203 - 08/08/04 07:17 AM Re: Hmmmm...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How thrilling, congrats, and all the rest...details, we want details! Please!!! When will you be on Montel? I cwn't wait to watch. [Eek!]

#38204 - 08/07/04 09:31 PM Re: Hmmmm...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm so "I don't care about Oprah" that I didn't even mention it to my husband last night. I emailed them back and told them that I had a signed contract with Montel and couldn't appear within 90 days before his show airs.

I taped Montel and it should air this month or next. They will let me know about a week before. I am his domestic violence expert on this show. For those who don't know, I wrote a book on domestic violence called, Whose Face is in the Mirror? but that isn't how his producers found me. They found my website doing a search on spousal abuse.

Oprah (I believe) has never treated survivors of abuse really well on her show and I lost a lot of respect for her, especially considering some of her background. For that reason, I don't care if I'm on her show or not. I've talked to people who have appeared on her show and they weren't treated well at all. If it happens, it's because it's supposed to, which right now, goes against what I really would like to do.

So, that's it. Not THAT exciting!

#38205 - 08/08/04 02:35 AM Re: Hmmmm...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well la de dah and pardon my gasp. We have a celebrity in our midst. You go girl and for what its worth. Montel has a decent show BUT honey, Oprah is the QUEEN and so what if she isn't Mother Theresa the exposure you could get on that show for your book and expertise is mind boggling. Personally, I would reconsider and do Oprah even if its only for the exposure. May I congratulate you on your success...wow!!

#38206 - 08/08/04 03:07 AM Re: Hmmmm...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I am so "not a celebrity!"

I know you'll find this strange but I didn't write the book for fame or money and I always back off from it. I've turned down Ricki Lake and Queen Lativah (sp) because of their format. Wanted to have the abuser on with the victim, for rating's sake and those people don't care if they get the poor woman killed or not!

For you Oprah Lovers, I used to love her too and she does wonderful things for people but I started noticing a change in her persona quite a while ago and it bothers me. I've been at her show as an audience member and she just wasn't friendly at all. I'm sure she's tired of people wanting a piece of her.

Montel promoted my book so much...I couldn't afford publicity like that but it was because he read on the back cover that all proceeds go to The Hay Foundation, which helps battered women and those suffering from AIDS. That excited him. I'm sure he has all sorts of people on that only want to promote for their own gain, something I don't blame people for at all. I can't begin to tell you how much he pushed my book...so much that my publisher has to re-release it! That means more money for battered women.

#38207 - 08/08/04 11:02 AM Re: Hmmmm...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dianne, I'm impressed that you wrote a good book that people want to hear about, and you're donating the proceeds to a very worthy cause. And from your description of Montel, he's "done you right", which counts for a lot in my book.

I agree wth you: integrity is so much more important than fame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved